• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Possible bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Howdy folks, Two Feathers here:
I have a possible bag for sale. Price is $140.00 + $10.00 s&h. ALL prices are in USD $.

This bag is all hand made by me, and is very sturdy. It features a 3” gusset (welt) that forms a 3” wide interior compartment. That should easily hold any Accoutrements (within reason) that you require? This bag is made of one piece of Brown 5 oz. oil tanned Calf hide. The Gusset is made of the same leather as are the straps. The front Beaver tail flap has an additional piece of 5oz. Vegetable tanned tooling leather stitched to it to make a flap that hangs lower and weighs a little more to help keep it closed. Just an “up-front, I’m NOT an artist or leather craftsman, so the leaves may look a bit crude, but that’s just how they turned out. I doubt that the guy who would have made this bag in the 1700’s would have made an effort to tool it to perfection, so, while not wanting to make excuses for my work, I think the “Rustic” look is acceptable? The button is made from Elk antler and “laced” onto the bag with the same Calf hide as the bag. There’s a “tie down” made of the Calf Hide as well. It slips over the button to hold the flap closed. Behind the Beavertail Flap there is a front pocket. The interior of that pocket measures 5-3/4” wide by 5” deep. There is also a very small and weird shaped pocket inside the Veg. tanned front flap. I know that this pocket is small and strangely shaped, plus it’s… upside down (it was a by-product of making this bag) but I’m sure you could stuff some Pillow Ticking in there as spare patching. The interior of whole bag itself measures (as close as I can get it) to 9” wide by 8-1/2” high by 3” front to back. It has two generously long straps. The straps are 1-1/2” wide and hand stitched to Nickel Dee rings, then the Dee rings are hand stitched to the bag. There is a Nickel Buckle with keeper which is also hand stitched to the strap. The main parts of the bag are “laced” together with Buckskin thong.

I’m 6’3”, 280 lbs and right now this bag hangs at 37” from the inside of the folded strap to the top of the bag. That’s pretty long, even on me, but I’m not dressed for 20 degree weather either. I can shorten that to about 33” But I figured in the winter with a Capote’ or heavy hunting clothes it might hang about right, where it is? If you’re interested in buying it, I can shorten the non-buckle strap to get it closer to what you want? OR… I can just put more holes in the strap to get it up there, and leave it as is? OR you can cut it to whatever you’d like, your call.

Always, Thanks for looking. If you’re interested PM me here or email me at [email protected]

I prefer PayPal, but I take Money orders and personal checks.

I ship same day as funds are received or personal check clears. The exceptions are Federal Holidays, Sundays, and severe weather.

I now sell/ship to Canada also, but due to the CAN, USD, exchange rate, you’ll need to contact me for the updated charges.

God bless:

Two Feathers

Attachments

• thumbnail (401).jpg
    thumbnail (401).jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 302
  • thumbnail (403).jpg
    thumbnail (403).jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 290
  • thumbnail (404).jpg
    thumbnail (404).jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 283
  • thumbnail (405).jpg
    thumbnail (405).jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 276
  • thumbnail (407).jpg
    thumbnail (407).jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 276
  • thumbnail (408).jpg
    thumbnail (408).jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 271
  • thumbnail (409).jpg
    thumbnail (409).jpg
    105 KB · Views: 265
Howdy folks, Two Feathers here:
I have a possible bag for sale. Price is $140.00 + $10.00 s&h. ALL prices are in USD $.

This bag is all hand made by me, and is very sturdy. It features a 3” gusset (welt) that forms a 3” wide interior compartment. That should easily hold any Accoutrements (within reason) that you require? This bag is made of one piece of Brown 5 oz. oil tanned Calf hide. The Gusset is made of the same leather as are the straps. The front Beaver tail flap has an additional piece of 5oz. Vegetable tanned tooling leather stitched to it to make a flap that hangs lower and weighs a little more to help keep it closed. Just an “up-front, I’m NOT an artist or leather craftsman, so the leaves may look a bit crude, but that’s just how they turned out. I doubt that the guy who would have made this bag in the 1700’s would have made an effort to tool it to perfection, so, while not wanting to make excuses for my work, I think the “Rustic” look is acceptable? The button is made from Elk antler and “laced” onto the bag with the same Calf hide as the bag. There’s a “tie down” made of the Calf Hide as well. It slips over the button to hold the flap closed. Behind the Beavertail Flap there is a front pocket. The interior of that pocket measures 5-3/4” wide by 5” deep. There is also a very small and weird shaped pocket inside the Veg. tanned front flap. I know that this pocket is small and strangely shaped, plus it’s… upside down (it was a by-product of making this bag) but I’m sure you could stuff some Pillow Ticking in there as spare patching. The interior of whole bag itself measures (as close as I can get it) to 9” wide by 8-1/2” high by 3” front to back. It has two generously long straps. The straps are 1-1/2” wide and hand stitched to Nickel Dee rings, then the Dee rings are hand stitched to the bag. There is a Nickel Buckle with keeper which is also hand stitched to the strap. The main parts of the bag are “laced” together with Buckskin thong.

I’m 6’3”, 280 lbs and right now this bag hangs at 37” from the inside of the folded strap to the top of the bag. That’s pretty long, even on me, but I’m not dressed for 20 degree weather either. I can shorten that to about 33” But I figured in the winter with a Capote’ or heavy hunting clothes it might hang about right, where it is? If you’re interested in buying it, I can shorten the non-buckle strap to get it closer to what you want? OR… I can just put more holes in the strap to get it up there, and leave it as is? OR you can cut it to whatever you’d like, your call.

Always, Thanks for looking. If you’re interested PM me here or email me at [email protected]

I prefer PayPal, but I take Money orders and personal checks.

I ship same day as funds are received or personal check clears. The exceptions are Federal Holidays, Sundays, and severe weather.

I now sell/ship to Canada also, but due to the CAN, USD, exchange rate, you’ll need to contact me for the updated charges.

God bless:

Two Feathers
SOLD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back