• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Poo Poo Pietta!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased an Pietta 1858 Remington clone from Cabellas in October. Out of the box It was shooting 2 inches to the right at 25 yards. I had to drift the sight over about 1/8 of an inch to correct the wind age, I thought the front sight was bent because looking down at the barrel the sight is leanning to the left, however with closer inspection its obvious that the dovetail is milled out of plane. I'm waiting on Cabellas to call me back. Let the poop show begin!

Call Taylor's Fine Guns and ask for the Gunsmith, he will help you.

That's something new for I have several 1858 models and none of mine have Dove tails. Mine All shoot point of aim at fifty yard's. Sorry for your luck

I purchased an Pietta 1858 Remington clone from Cabellas in October. Out of the box It was shooting 2 inches to the right at 25 yards. I had to drift the sight over about 1/8 of an inch to correct the wind age, I thought the front sight was bent because looking down at the barrel the sight is leanning to the left, however with closer inspection its obvious that the dovetail is milled out of plane. I'm waiting on Cabellas to call me back. Let the poop show begin!
I’ll be receiving mine from Dixie Gun Works in a week, we’ll see how it looks and shoots! Tom

I have had barrel timing issues with both Uberii's and Piettta's. Barrel timing on a 1858 is an easy fix. less so on a 1876 rifle.

I assume you are aware, Colt never made brass frame revolvers.
I know , that's kinda what makes it cooler.

I never wanted a Brasser 1860 Army , because that was just too "farby" but now I'm like, this stuff is supposed to be fun, why not put together a Bohannon fantasy gun rig for range blasting . We don't have to be all serious 100% of the time

It's like the Hell on Wheels producers made no attempt to be historically correct with the weapons, with Pietta fantasy gun brassers all over the place. Also lots of .44 Navy brassers . It's awesome 😀🤠

I guess using steel frame guns put them over budget or something

It drives me up the wall with my Smith, but I just got used to it. She puts them right where they need to go.
Half my Rugers have a little cant in the barrel, the trick is to not look too closely at a Ruger and you'll be fine 😀

One of my Service Sixes was corrected by Ruger by opening up the rear sight to account for the canted barrel. If it works it works i guess

I sent Pietta an email today. It's my understanding Pietra now owns a company in California that does warranty work. I sent them an email also. Cabellas said Tiffany luck! Contact the manufacturer.
EMF is that company and they are impossible to get ahold of on the phone. Get ahold of their marketing folks at Rendezvous Marketing Group and they might be able to help.

I pulled the sight out and used a micrometer to measure it. The dovetail looks ok. Now I'm thinking the barrel is clocked to far to the left looking down the sights
Definitely has a lean to it.
I had this problem with a Pietta Spiller & Burr. The barrel was over-threaded into the receiver. I chucked the barrel up in a padded vice, stuck a block of wood through the receiver, and backed it off until the sight was true. Of course, this opened up the cylinder-to-barrel gap a hair.

Buy American

Back