• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Polish wheellock gunmaker?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'd be very grateful if a kind soul here could give me any details of the well-regarded and highly-skilled Polish gunmaker who makes museum-grade replications of pre-flintlock pistols and long arms. It was he who made capandball's beautiful pair of of pistol that he was so proud to show us recently. I know that the gunmaker has also posted here in the comparatively recent past.

This enquiry is not for me, but is on behalf of a gentleman in Western Canada who has been given a somewhat wrecked wheellock carbine to rebuild.

If anybody here can help, it might be better to PM me with details so that I can put you together with him.

MTIA.

tps://www.facebook.com/people/Bolek-Maciaszczyk-Wheellock-and-Matchlock/100031031422963

Bolek Maciaszczyk is a master wheellock gunsmith located in Poland who is the gunsmith I believe you are looking for. He also is a wonderful person who is very generous in documenting and sharing his tremendous knowledge, techniques, and skills on his 3 Facebook sites that discuss his own wheellock insights, another about wheellocks and matchlocks, and a third, for which you must pay a subscription fee on building building your own wheellock gun. I'm not very skilled when it comes to computers, but if you email me at [email protected] I will be happy to provide any further information or questions.

I am another fan of Bolek's work. His generous sharing of images of his work as he proceeds to create a top-class arm, is extraordinary.
I have subscribed to his online course on making wheellocks, and it was very educational.

Back