Polish wheellock gunmaker?

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

TFoley

62 Cal.
Reaction score
I'd be very grateful if a kind soul here could give me any details of the well-regarded and highly-skilled Polish gunmaker who makes museum-grade replications of pre-flintlock pistols and long arms. It was he who made capandball's beautiful pair of of pistol that he was so proud to show us recently. I know that the gunmaker has also posted here in the comparatively recent past.

This enquiry is not for me, but is on behalf of a gentleman in Western Canada who has been given a somewhat wrecked wheellock carbine to rebuild.

If anybody here can help, it might be better to PM me with details so that I can put you together with him.

MTIA.

Bach

32 Cal
Reaction score
tps://www.facebook.com/people/Bolek-Maciaszczyk-Wheellock-and-Matchlock/100031031422963

Bach

32 Cal
Reaction score
Bolek Maciaszczyk is a master wheellock gunsmith located in Poland who is the gunsmith I believe you are looking for. He also is a wonderful person who is very generous in documenting and sharing his tremendous knowledge, techniques, and skills on his 3 Facebook sites that discuss his own wheellock insights, another about wheellocks and matchlocks, and a third, for which you must pay a subscription fee on building building your own wheellock gun. I'm not very skilled when it comes to computers, but if you email me at [email protected] I will be happy to provide any further information or questions.

ChrisPer

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I am another fan of Bolek's work. His generous sharing of images of his work as he proceeds to create a top-class arm, is extraordinary.
I have subscribed to his online course on making wheellocks, and it was very educational.

TFoley

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Thank you all for your assistance. I've passed the details on. capandball mentioned another Polish craftsman though.