• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Polish Cappers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Polish Cappers (https://www.polishcappers.com/) has a separate thread, but since this is a product review... When I got mine, worked out to about $43 each, but obviously depends on the exchange rates.

They arrived yesterday, beautiful fit and finish. I had to clearance them a little to work with my Colts, they fit the Remingtons and LeMat just fine without modification. Much simpler than the straight line cappers, and supposedly hold about 150 caps (I only put a partial tin in, but it looks like the capacity is there).

While checking the clearancing, I used it with just a single cap in it, and it worked easily.

Just got home from the range. Worked very easily. If I have a minor complaint (two of them), first is that it's a different motion, so I kept trying to pull it off the nipple sideways. Obviously that's not going to work, and is just a matter of retraining myself.

The other is that it tends to double stack the caps in the "ready" chute. That's not really an issue either, it's just a matter of getting used to checking that there isn't a second cap "ready" after the first one in on the nipple. It worked fine on my .44 Colt, but just wouldn't wiggle into place on my much smaller '62 Pocket Police, even after clearancing. Although since the straight line capper doesn't seat them reliably on the '62, I may just feed out five loose caps and hand cap the '62... Which is what I did today at the range.

For the .44, other than the need to retrain myself, when I did my part, it seated the caps nicely. I manually checked each cap after using the capper.

Definitely worth the money in my opinion.

Mike

Latest posts

Back