• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

POI vs POA of 10ga double

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wes/Tex said:
Rifleman1776 said:
Knew a feller who 'fixed' his. Barrels were 6" long when he got done. :shocked2: :wink:
Bit of an over-energetic fix what wot?
This is why I advocate trying to fix the shooter first.
Give any gun, rifle or pistol with any stock or pull length & enough ammo to a keen 14 year old boy & he will learn to shoot it well.
When ideas set hard then the file comes out.
Now, I know that I generalised & stock fit is important on a wing shooting gun, but you get the idea.
Styles of shooting have changed over the years from head up to low head. Gun stocking has changed to suit. Any faithful reproduction of an old muzzle loading gun is also going to be faithful in the stock dimensions which reflect the shooting style of the time.
Take the Kentucky gun stock meant to shoot off the upper arm as another case in point. You never see that on a modern CF.
O.

Pretty sure I have a "head up" shooting position now? I stack front bead on top of rear bead so in essence I see almost all of the rib and with this hold gun is angling upward. Even shooting at a left to right or vice versa bird flying I'd have to hold over bird to get the pattern on the bird. I've shot hundreds of pheasants and ducks and with that style of hold there's no way I'd have a high kill percentage.

Latest posts

Back