Plum Creek, The End Of The Great Comanche Raid Of 1940

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

JCKelly

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Donno much about Texas, but didn't the Comanches gain a lasting dislike for TX rangers on account of TX use of Sam Colts Paterson revolvers?
I suppose one must be gentle with Dr. Hadin - in many circles those with Ph.D.'s are considered to know just about nothing real. I personally encountered while attempting to deal with PhD metallurgists throughout my carrier. I do know one outstanding exception, retired from Allegheny Ludlum, Even when I think him wrong he likely isn't. Perhaps It's just my envy, at never having achieved that degree myself.

TNGhost

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Donno much about Texas, but didn't the Comanches gain a lasting dislike for TX rangers on account of TX use of Sam Colts Paterson revolvers?
I suppose one must be gentle with Dr. Hadin - in many circles those with Ph.D.'s are considered to know just about nothing real. I personally encountered while attempting to deal with PhD metallurgists throughout my carrier. I do know one outstanding exception, retired from Allegheny Ludlum, Even when I think him wrong he likely isn't. Perhaps It's just my envy, at never having achieved that degree myself.
Well, since you mention it, here is the good doctor's rendition of how that dislike/respect due to the effectiveness of the Pattersons and the tactics employed by "Captain Jack", to get the most out of the ground breaking invention of the revolver, unfolded on June 8th 1844:

Last edited:

Treestalker

Treestalker
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Boy, I'm glad my brother was born in 1941 here in East Texas, the only NAs around were our friends the Alabama-Coushatta. I just can't imagine the horror of a Comanche Nation raid on the little homestead in 1940. I did later marry a part Comanche woman who was a good hand but did not put up with any static out of anybody.

Einsiedler

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Doc Hardin knows his stuff. He and Doc Bruce Winders both reenact with us. Last time I saw Doc Hardin was the Massacre weekend reenacment at Presidio La Bahia end of March.

Latest posts