• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Plans for 3-4 Pounder Cannon?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Friends,

Do any of you have or know of a trustworthy source for plans for building an accurate/full-scale replica of a late 18th or early 19th Century light artillery field piece of the 3-4 pounder size?
(A War of 1812-era "grasshopper gun" sort of field piece would be fully appropriate for this use.)

yours, satx

While not exactly a set of ready to copy plans, "Grasshoppers and Butterflies" by Adrian Caruana (Historical Arms Series No. 39) has a lot of scale drawings and take off dimensions.

Dixie Gun Works has some plans/drawings. Thats what I used to make my mortar. D.C.

Satx, have you seen Harold Peterson's book Round Shot and Rammers? It has pictures and possibly dimension drawings of the guns and carriages you desire. It is available in paperback from Amazon and other sources. Hope this helps, Geo.

Latest posts

Back