• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Plans/Design For M/L Display Rack ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Might be wrong spot to post (sorry if it is). Looking for design or plans for a folding display rack I can use in my shop and take to gunshows to use on a table. Most I've seen lately are for unmentionables, not suited for long- barrelled firearms. Being able to clamp to workbench and show table is also important, as is provision to secure with a cable lock. Thanks in advance for your help.

This one pictured at the bottom has been a projects rack in my shop for a number of years, it originally belonged to my dad who drug it home from an Auction. I have often thought about building one like it that pinned together, screwed or otherwise was able to be disassembled at will.

What I like about it is the feet keeps it off the floor and two wooden shelve style brackets hold the 1x3 braced to the base. I suppose the feet could be less decorative and more flat so a clamp could be used to hold it down on the table. A security cable could easily be added to the design.

One fellow at the local gunshow used to have racks that were build like bleachers (stair stepping up when on a table) I believe they were hinged in the back, u shapes cut in the sides and a brace in the front that simply slides into a notch on the sides. Sorry no pictures.

20211205_204004.jpg

Hey, thanks. That's the kind of thing I'm looking for. I've seen various designs at exhibits/shows but really didn't pay too much attention and now, for some reason, taking photographs at gunshows is a big no-no. Trying to get ready for upcoming January ones and keep shop projects from falling over. Thanks again.

Glad to help! As an afterthought, if two were made they could be set up back to back, especially if the rifles were staggered. Something as simple as an old screen door latch could hold the two racks together (one on each side). 🤔 Darn near have myself talked into making a pair for a show coming up in March.

Keep us posted on your progress, I would love to see how yours turns out!

Back