• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Places to shop in NJ

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmosM223

32 Cal
Reaction score
Im looking for recommendations for a shop in the NJ, South NY, East PA, area that sells blackpowder replicas, parts accessories etc. I’m an avid shooter but new to muzzle loading. I’m hoping to find a place that can help get me set up. Thanks in advance!

Just got back from Dixon's. Incredible place!! If he doesn't have it; you probably don't need it. Unless it's percussion caps :)

I thought his prices were a bit high; but I stopped at Cabela's before I headed home and they were almost the same; lower in some cases.

Just wish it wasn't so far.

Just got back from Dixon's. Incredible place!! If he doesn't have it; you probably don't need it. Unless it's percussion caps :)

I thought his prices were a bit high; but I stopped at Cabela's before I headed home and they were almost the same; lower in some cases.

Just wish it wasn't so far.
I'll bet Mr. Dixon and staff spend a goodly amount of time every day fielding questions regarding "caps"!

The drive and scenery going to Dixon's is part of the fun. I've seen statements that Cabela's is a bit disappointing these days.
I will certainly go to Dixon's again. But I did not loose anything at Cabela's so don't need to go back to look for anything. I was disappointed in Cabela's.
Also the Gunmakers' Fair is 5 miles from Dixon's at Kempton and is the 28th-30th of this month. I have enjoyed it in the past and hope to again.

Back