• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

pistol capper that really works

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom berwinkle

40 Cal
Reaction score
I know some of you wheel gun shooters know where I can get a capper that actually works for my cap and ball pistols . I have been shooting them since 1970, and havent found one that actually works well. I've tried about everything that's available. I have shot about every makers guns starting with Replica Arms out of Marietta, Ohio,in business since the middle 1960s. They had really had good guns, don't know who the maker was. Navy Arms bought them out in the early 70's I shot navy arms products for several years until they started to have workman ship problems. shot San Marcos when they made some very good products,went to Uberti then Pieatta [I may have spelled it wrong] Ive had a lot of pistols threw out the years. Still looking for a capper that works.......Tom

I made one work by belt sanding the front end down to where the caps are positioned more at the front edge of the the capper. Basically just removed unnecessary material from the front.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ever check out Polish Cappers? I got of theirs and it works pretty well.
Did you run into any kind of hassle using your credit card? I only have a VISA card, had it since 1989. I'm so fed up with every single Ted Cash capper that flunked out on me I'd gladly take a chance and pay 50 bucks for one of these.

I bought one when they first came out with my VISA, the transaction was fast and easy and the capper arrived promptly. We had hoped to visit his shop when we there a couple of years back but he sells from his home north of Warsaw so it didn't happen.

Here's another plug for the Polish Capper. I ordered one and it took about two weeks to get here in the states. They were fantastic to work with. It was about $50 with the current exchange rate and the bank charged me $1.50 for the foreign transaction fee.

They work exactly like they show on the videos. I wished I had these over 40 years ago when I started shooting black powder.

Here is the link to his YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnbuyvDpF2_se6TOn4aSQvg

Here is the web site: https://www.polishcappers.com/

A regular, straight line capper does not work? Mine works perfectly on both my .36" and .44". ??

My straight line capper works after some modification with a file but the Polish cappers demonstrated in the videos look like just the thing. I have had to modify some of my Remmington cylinders to get enough clearance for the straight line to work but I think the Polish capper has solved that problem.

Well then, I wonder what I've got. I've had it 40 years or so.

Back