• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

pistol capper that really works

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 1860 Colt, and a Remington Navy .36", it works perfectly on both of them. Neither of us are showing our age...I'd like to think. Or pretend. Whatever.

If that Polish capper works on Remington 1858s, I have to get one. My Ted Cash Universal capper has worked fine for the Colt style and ROAs but I have to use my fingers for the Remingtons. Not easy with such big fingers. Glad this item came up and thanks for the links.

Jeff

If that Polish capper works on Remington 1858s, I have to get one. My Ted Cash Universal capper has worked fine for the Colt style and ROAs but I have to use my fingers for the Remingtons. Not easy with such big fingers. Glad this item came up and thanks for the links.

Jeff
I looked at them and thought they were nice, but hesitated because they are a tad pricey. Then I saw the really nice engraved eagle crest that commemorates the 1863 uprising against the Russian empire and they HAD ME! I put in my order yesterday.

I looked at them and thought they were nice, but hesitated because they are a tad pricey. Then I saw the really nice engraved eagle crest that commemorates the 1863 uprising against the Russian empire and they HAD ME! I put in my order yesterday.

You won’t regret it. I’ve been using mine a lot for pistols, rifles and shotgun. I decided to order another one.

I plan on using one exclusively for #10 caps for the revolvers. The other one will be filled with #11 caps.

Be sure to watch the videos and use it EXACTLY as they demonstrate. If used incorrectly, you could end up spilling caps every time you go to cap the gun.

The rest of my cappers are junk compared to the one from Poland.

I just got one. Expensive, but built like a tank. The base is machined brass and the mechnisim is much simpler than a Cash capper. I hope it works as well as it looks.

I use a pair of Tedd Cash "snail" cappers on my Colt style revolvers. Both the cappers and revolvers required a bit of tuning, but both of them work on all my revolvers. Remember guys we are re-inventing a 100+ year old wheel. Part of the fun.

I enjoy studying images of cased Colt percussion revolvers and have yet to see a capping device included. Flasks, moulds, caps, bullets, and combustible envelope cartridges. But never a capper. Why?

Back