• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Pine Sented Bore Butter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riverbravo

32 Cal
Reaction score
Does anyone else really love that fresh pine smell? I loved it so much bought one of those wax sent diffusers and melted pine bore butter in it to aromafy my gun room. The smell brings many memories. Anyway I am having a hard time finding my beloved pine sent . Has anyone else had this trouble?

Does anyone else really love that fresh pine smell? I loved it so much bought one of those wax sent diffusers and melted pine bore butter in it to aromafy my gun room. The smell brings many memories. Anyway I am having a hard time finding my beloved pine sent . Has anyone else had this trouble?
RMC Ox-Yoke Muzzleloader Supplies has what you are looking for

While the smell of those "patch lubes" may please the olfactory senses, They are worthless for ML shooting, IMHO.

Speaking of pine scent, I had pet mice and rats for many years, so I always had a big bag of pine shavings (cage bedding) in the room I kept them in. I loved the smell of that room so much that I used to leave a bag of shavings in my car overnight once a week. People would always get in and comment on how good the car smelled and ask me what air freshener I was using. When I told them it was the scent of rat bedding, they usually gave me funny looks...😄

Attachments

• HPIM1220.JPG
    HPIM1220.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 79
Guys........I can see it , rather smell it, even now , For those desiring a faux deer hunt out of a blind , some rat bedding in a blind and pine scented patch lube. Maybe ,oh , a trophy set of , faux plastic deer antlers mounted European style? Up at camp or in the man cave , who would detect the mount is faux???? I can already smell the money.........

Wintergreen smells like my grand parents, but they used Ben Gay liniment cream all the time..., 😮
Pine smells like Pine Sol house cleanser...,😮

Not really sure why one needs to "scent" the bullet lube. I figure that IF a human can smell the odor, then it's too strong an odor for deer.
On the other hand I've never tried peanut oil poured off of a jar of organic peanut butter as a scent giver of my bullet lube, and as I've seen deer attracted to home made "deer licks" that have some peanuts in them, perhaps I've been missing out on an attractant?
🤔

LD

Back