• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Pine Sented Bore Butter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will have to consider the ramifications of using P-nut butter oil patch lube, due to the high black bear pop. in our area. Have to contact the Blame Warden to see if the p-nut butter oil will be ok. Blame Wardens get all fussy using bait for an attractant even though the bears tear up my bird feeders etc.. ................Well , on reconsideration , in Oct.the state has a special flint lock bear season. Maybe the p-nut oil patch lube not so bad , after all?

I'm with Dave and Hanshi on the use of these scented lubes being problematic for hunting -- probably as big a giveaway as tobacco smoke. They are dandy for target and load workups though.
One of the first hunting trips I went on after moving to Virginia, the guy I was with got a little buck. He’d set his muzzleloader against a tree, lit a cigarette, and was busily watering another tree when this deer came out of the tree line and stopped broadside to Bobby not more’n 25 feet away. He snatched up his rifle and POW!
I hope to tell you, at that range, his .58 pulverized the heart.
I thought it odd, but by now I have known men to kill dozens of deer while smoking, eating, drinking all manner of things. I’m just not sure that deer all care as much as we think they do. Which absolutely doesn’t stop me from trying to control my own stink...
Jay

I have a friend whose parents owned the farm I used to hunt on. This young man would get ansy, climb down for a while, go back up all the while listening to the radio from his phone using earbuds. He never seemed to take pains to be silent or unseen. But he always killed a deer. On one occasion it was one of the most beautiful and wide racked bucks I've ever seen. I got more than my share but still found it puzzling how he did it. Plus he'd talk on his phone!

Why stop at one flavor
91E+qVPnGYL.jpg

Back