Pine Sented Bore Butter

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Riverbravo

32 Cal
Reaction score
Does anyone else really love that fresh pine smell? I loved it so much bought one of those wax sent diffusers and melted pine bore butter in it to aromafy my gun room. The smell brings many memories. Anyway I am having a hard time finding my beloved pine sent . Has anyone else had this trouble?

kje54

58 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I realized now that I left the key piece of information out. The problem I'm having is that I can't find it the pine scented stuff anywhere is anyone else having this trouble?
I think you might be the only one looking...........

oldwood

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Riverbravo..........Log Cabin Shop has Pine scented Natural Lube 1000 Plus Bore Butter , Item # 617408... $10.70 / 5oz. tube.

Reaction score
Does anyone else really love that fresh pine smell? I loved it so much bought one of those wax sent diffusers and melted pine bore butter in it to aromafy my gun room. The smell brings many memories. Anyway I am having a hard time finding my beloved pine sent . Has anyone else had this trouble?
RMC Ox-Yoke Muzzleloader Supplies has what you are looking for

hanshi

Cannon
Reaction score
While the smell of those "patch lubes" may please the olfactory senses, They are worthless for ML shooting, IMHO.

toot

32 Cal.
Reaction score
when at the range, it makes you think that you are out in the woods hunting!

Musketeer

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Speaking of pine scent, I had pet mice and rats for many years, so I always had a big bag of pine shavings (cage bedding) in the room I kept them in. I loved the smell of that room so much that I used to leave a bag of shavings in my car overnight once a week. People would always get in and comment on how good the car smelled and ask me what air freshener I was using. When I told them it was the scent of rat bedding, they usually gave me funny looks...😄

Attachments

oldwood

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Toot.........Some pine scented patch lube , and a life size cardboard deer archery target , what else is there to promote a faux deer hunt in the off season. Think we might have a business opportunity here. Think of it , You could sell faux deer hunts for any occasion.

oldwood

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Guys........I can see it , rather smell it, even now , For those desiring a faux deer hunt out of a blind , some rat bedding in a blind and pine scented patch lube. Maybe ,oh , a trophy set of , faux plastic deer antlers mounted European style? Up at camp or in the man cave , who would detect the mount is faux???? I can already smell the money.........

Loyalist Dave

Cannon
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Wintergreen smells like my grand parents, but they used Ben Gay liniment cream all the time..., 😮
Pine smells like Pine Sol house cleanser...,😮

Not really sure why one needs to "scent" the bullet lube. I figure that IF a human can smell the odor, then it's too strong an odor for deer.
On the other hand I've never tried peanut oil poured off of a jar of organic peanut butter as a scent giver of my bullet lube, and as I've seen deer attracted to home made "deer licks" that have some peanuts in them, perhaps I've been missing out on an attractant?
🤔

LD

Latest posts