• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pillow ticking

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After searching all over Edmonton for good old fashioned pillow ticking, I've given up. All pillow ticking at the local fabric stores carry polyester ticking, no cotton. I'm heading over to a second hand store in town called value village for some "used" denim shirts. At one time, I burned rods and made many sparks ( I'm now a retired welder) and used up my old denim welding shirts. I'll look for some worn, used shirts and go from there. As long as they measure around .015 or .020, I should be good to go. I'll take my trusty wifey and digital calipers with me.

Did you look at the various canvas or denim. The canvas can be a little thick so you may find a smaller ball will work better.

An art supply store may also have cotton canvas or 100% linen from flax.

I use pocket drill cloth.

I was just starting my trip this afternoon to locate the material I had mentioned earlier. I got a call from my cross shift that he can’t make into work tonight, so I immediately headed home and to bed. I’ll search at a later date.

Latest posts

Back