• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pillow ticking as a cleaning patch

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wife's cotton undies also!
Boy! That one surprised me.
At your age, you should know that "Her Things" are off limits to any mortal man, even if they are totally worn out.

Only after She says you can use them, can a man touch, "Her Things" and usually, even if it is worn beyond any further use to her, she will still refuse to give you that option.

Boy! That one surprised me.
At your age, you should know that "Her Things" are off limits to any mortal man, even if they are totally worn out.

Only after She says you can use them, can a man touch, "Her Things" and usually, even if it is worn beyond any further use to her, she will still refuse to give you that option.
I have been married for 45 + years and I can touch her THINGS, when she says I can. witch isn't often! yes I know at my age I rely should know?

Doncha know her things are her things and your things are her things. That is why I am old and happily single now. No permission needed around my place and my two labs are just happy with getting attention fed on time and their nyla bones(oh and an occasional rough game of tug-o-war😁)

I use what they used:
1622AC80-DE5B-445B-AFF2-5D0E2902F3E4.jpeg

Works better than any patch I’ve tried, and is period. You can wash and use it over and over. What’s not to like?

I use what they used:
View attachment 44587
Works better than any patch I’ve tried, and is period. You can wash and use it over and over. What’s not to like?
I really have to get some, I only have the smoothbore now and it looks very useful. Will hemp tow work the same.

I kinda hate how not just one place has everything I need, I guess all places are like that.

I really have to get some, I only have the smoothbore now and it looks very useful. Will hemp tow work the same.

I kinda hate how not just one place has everything I need, I guess all places are like that.

Hemp tow works great. It’s what I use currently. Turkey Foot Traders has great hemp tow as well as really good arir dried bacon.

Hemp tow works great. It’s what I use currently. Turkey Foot Traders has great hemp tow as well as really good arir dried bacon.
Yah that's were I seen it, any yes I'd like to try that bacon they got, not really a bad price either.
I like the leather pouch in your picture,is that about how much you get per order. Guess I should get a few since I have the smoothbore.

Yah that's were I seen it, any yes I'd like to try that bacon they got, not really a bad price either.
I like the leather pouch in your picture,is that about how much you get per order. Guess I should get a few since I have the smoothbore.

No you get a bag about half the size of a gallon ziplock bag, a whole lot. Considering it can be washed and reused a number of time it’s basically a lifetime supply if just using it for cleaning. Their bacon is soooo good. It’s salt cured and can be stored room temperature for a good long while, and carried in the field without cooling. It’s very hard dry and salty, it must be soaked before using. Fries up well.

Makes EXCELLENT bean or pea soup. Just boil some split peas, add the cubed up bacon as is (no need to soak unless eating it in strips) some black pepper and maybe some butter if handy and you’ve got dinner to die for! The fat in the pan can then be saved to fry squirrel or rabbit on the trail.

No you get a bag about half the size of a gallon ziplock bag, a whole lot. Considering it can be washed and reused a number of time it’s basically a lifetime supply if just using it for cleaning. Their bacon is soooo good. It’s salt cured and can be stored room temperature for a good long while, and carried in the field without cooling. It’s very hard dry and salty, it must be soaked before using. Fries up well.

Makes EXCELLENT bean or pea soup. Just boil some split peas, add the cubed up bacon as is (no need to soak unless eating it in strips) some black pepper and maybe some butter if handy and you’ve got dinner to die for! The fat in the pan can then be saved to fry squirrel or rabbit on the trail.
Ok good to know, I see some other goodies on there site. Mine as well get a few things to even out the sipping lol.

Ok good to know, I see some other goodies on there site. Mine as well get a few things to even out the sipping lol.

They are such nice people, great stuff. Their tow is combed and easy to work with. A rolled up wad the size of a large grape and torn into a few separate pieces in the field is enough to clean a gun multiple times over.

They are such nice people, great stuff. Their tow is combed and easy to work with. A rolled up wad the size of a large grape and torn into a few separate pieces in the field is enough to clean a gun multiple times over.
I have to order a tow worm to, I'll see if they have them if not I need to order some stuff from trackofthewolf anyways. Do you use the tow dry or use some moose milk or similar when swabing.

I have to order a tow worm to, I'll see if they have them if not I need to order some stuff from trackofthewolf anyways. Do you use the tow dry or use some moose milk or similar when swabing.

Spit, followed by a dry one.

No moose milk required, though that could work too.

Doncha know her things are her things and your things are her things. That is why I am old and happily single now. No permission needed around my place and my two labs are just happy with getting attention fed on time and their nyla bones(oh and an occasional rough game of tug-o-war😁)
how true!

I bought some flannel at Walmart. It has pictures of the Muppets in squares which are the right size for .45 cleaning patches. I do catch some flack about them.

I save my used cleaning patches and put them in a plastic coffee container. When I get enough, I put them in a mesh bag and wash them in the washing machine. I get to recycle them, minor cost savings. I actually prefer recycled cleaning p\atches, they clean better.

I buy flannel at Walmart and JoAnn's during the summer when it's discounted. When it gets' cold during the winter, we build a fire in the fireplace, the wife and I cut out patches while watching TV.

Shooting patches, we go to a huge flea market. They have an indoor section. In one corner they have all kinds of cloth goods. Table coverings, bed spreads curtain, etc. It is a great place to get linen cheap to make shooting patches. Linen makes great patches.

Latest posts

Back