• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Pilgrim looking for a simple wheat/ raisin bread

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd call that a bannock. looks mighty tasty.
I see it was done in the oven; campfire next ?

Did you try toasting it ? I'll bet it would be good toasted and toasting was a common period thing.
Put some jam on it and you're in heaven.

Looking forward to loaf #2
I did lightly toast some with jam and it was great! As soon as it warms up some and the snow melts camp fire on a fishing trip sounds like a plan

your name pronounced in real french is like this, pelchee. brother i bet we are realated as my great grand mother was french cree. i had many friends with your name it the north country who were french cree. im one of them and so are you, just a thought from me.

your name pronounced in real french is like this, pelchee. brother i bet we are realated as my great grand mother was french cree. i had many friends with your name it the north country who were french cree. im one of them and so are you, just a thought from me.
My family were some of the first fur trappers that came from France to Quebec! They settled there married locals and after giving 3 years of service to France were given land and became free trappers. They later immigrated to Maine, Vermont and finally RI. I have it all documented after many years of research. The hunting fishing and trapping traditions were handed down to me from my dad and the rest of the family!

you have many many relatives at belcourt n. dak and pembina n.dak as well as across the line into canada. i may be even one of your relatives as my great grandmother was french cree. thanks for the reply.

Flour with 75% hydration by weight. Raisins soaked in orange juice.
p0R8qNZ.jpg

you have many many relatives at belcourt n. dak and pembina n.dak as well as across the line into canada. i may be even one of your relatives as my great grandmother was french cree. thanks for the reply.
For one of my family members, no problem! The two brothers I was talking about are Gillaume and Antoine Pelletier.they shorted the name to Peltier after my great grandfather passed, go figure. Guilaume died 28/Nov/1657. Antoine died 3/Oct/1647. He drowned when his canoe overturned at Montmorency falls. The family is buried in Quebec’s first Cemetery. Have pics of the plaques and want to visit them in person. Keep in touch please Art

Back