• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pilgrim from Tucson Az!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not, I am a transplant from El Paso by way of Flagstaff and just getting back into my smokepoles. Have they been gone long?
Yes, sorry to say. The group disbanded in the early 1990s. Nothing "in the wind" since then unless you're interested in Civil War reenactment/living history with the Arizona Civil War Council (ACWC) which is an excellent organisation. There are a few small groups in the state, but nothing in the C.G. area. Try finding ANYTHING related to muzzleloading in C.G. & you're apt to come up empty-handed. It wasn't that way years ago, but then many things aren't as they were. If there's not a perceived market, stores won't stock the merchandise, eh? Several improvements have been accomplished at the public range tho, but every time I've been there, I was the only person shooting black powder.

It is a nice little range, was out last week and I was only muzzleloader also.
The range could use more, but few things are truly ideal. C.G. is fortunate to have the range as it is, & those I've encountered have been congenial, safe & inclined to shoot "unmentionables." There was a time once a month on an early Saturday morning when the Sawtooth group would need to extend its firing line well-beyond the covered area. Ah, that was maybe 1982 or '83 & after.

Back