• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pig with 1858 36

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timbercruiser

32 Cal
Reaction score
Was doing some plumbing n cutting the grass on our corporate hc out of my companies 100,000 acres that im also caretaker n pasture rider as well as forester. I got through cuttin grass n went to check on a oil well they puttin on us to see if workin or just left gate open.they were workin so i rode on down where could see up pipeline n hogs were all on it about 700 away so i drove around on another rd n parked truck n stalked them about 200yds n got up on them n long grsss. Prob have red bugs!!(chiggars) as waste deep bahayia in shorts!! Eased up n was watching some then couole more popped out to the right n i let haer have it in shoulder n broke spine as well. 25gr 3f under a lee conical. Now to go clean it! I got a pair of those revolvers here on the forum a year or so ago nhsve only shot the one even they are a matched pair with same grips n trigger/action job. Ive taken dnakes beaver otter coons n now a pig

Attachments

• C536B03E-0658-4BC3-88D0-682059393161.jpeg
    C536B03E-0658-4BC3-88D0-682059393161.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 15
Its in the cooler on ice, yes it sure is nice to get to hunt n trap on the clock!! I caught 22 beaver last month on clock!!

it went middle of shoulder, broke shoulder n spine n was in the neck meat. For some reason only had a 22 on me n was debating on running home 30 min tound trip n they prob be gone or usng the 36. Which it shoots right to point of aim n ive killed pugs with smaller pistols so i gave her a go

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1
That's a nice sized porker for the smoker. I have killed more than one feral hog with a 22. I bought a Rem 1858 44 just for hogs, but haven't hunted with it yet. Hogs aren't the Fire Breathing Dragons the internet has turned them into, IMHO.

Congrats on a great shot and ridding the world of those pest.

That's a nice sized porker for the smoker. I have killed more than one feral hog with a 22. They aren't the Fire Breathing Dragons the internet has turned them into, IMHO.

Congrats on a great shot and ridding the world of those pest.
Pretty much it is where you put the bullet rather than how big the bullet is.

Was doing some plumbing n cutting the grass on our corporate hc out of my companies 100,000 acres that im also caretaker n pasture rider as well as forester. I got through cuttin grass n went to check on a oil well they puttin on us to see if workin or just left gate open.they were workin so i rode on down where could see up pipeline n hogs were all on it about 700 away so i drove around on another rd n parked truck n stalked them about 200yds n got up on them n long grsss. Prob have red bugs!!(chiggars) as waste deep bahayia in shorts!! Eased up n was watching some then couole more popped out to the right n i let haer have it in shoulder n broke spine as well. 25gr 3f under a lee conical. Now to go clean it! I got a pair of those revolvers here on the forum a year or so ago nhsve only shot the one even they are a matched pair with same grips n trigger/action job. Ive taken dnakes beaver otter coons n now a pig
What part of planet earth are you in?

A good buddy of mine who recently passed away served for a time in the early 1970s as a Bristol, Virginia policeman during his long and varied career. He carried a .36 cap and ball revolver as his service weapon.

Latest posts

Back