• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Pietta Vs Centaur

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How many differences can you see in this photo?

52728548829_b3a5e21587_h.jpg

I am Familiar Pietta/Uberti but centaur? What company? I pulled 7 differences I do not consider Color or Look a huge difference, there is 8 if I credit look/color. For my credit I`ll point most glaring as a visual to MY difference front sight. That is a difference

I am Familiar Pietta/Uberti but centaur? What company? I pulled 7 differences I do not consider Color or Look a huge difference, there is 8 if I credit look/color. For my credit I`ll point most glaring as a visual to MY difference front sight. That is a difference
Belgian made in the 60's and early 70's. Legends say on Colt equipment using Colt drawings. Don't know if that's true.

The front sight profile is a biggie. Not being able to tell if the top pistol's sight is brass or not on account of the lighting.
But IMO, aside from the distressed grip, the ability to take conicals on the bottom pistol is glaring.

Centaure is spelled with an e on the end. They were imported by William B. Edwards (the man who is responsible for the beginning of import reproduction pistol business) company Centennial Arms. The 1860 Centaure was the very first Model 1860 Army to come into the US in 1959 Just a few months after Navy Arms imported the first 1851 model pistols to the US. Here is a link about the Centaures.
FROCS – Friends of the Centaure Society

Centaure is spelled with an e on the end. They were imported by Bill Edwards (the man who is responsible for the beginning of import reproduction pistol business) company Centennial Arms. The 1860 Centaure was the very first Model 1860 Army to come into the US in 1959 Just a few months after Navy Arms imported the first 1851 model pistols to the US.
That is interesting, as with some of my other google inquiries Edwards did pop up on radar, But the proper spelling gave me more to chew with, as Centennial Arms, got 1 rifle. That also gives me more to take in thanks

I think I see ten differences. Some of them are subtle. None of which are finish differences.

Back