• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pietta Remmi no more!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stick to Uberti----Pietta ain't worth the powder to blow them to hell. I think it's atrocious to pay for a brand new gun and to then have to repair the same gun to make it shoot---for a while----Uberti has the fewest complaints over the years. "Doc"

Not so any longer. Piettas are just as good (if not better) than Ubertis. I have both brands and some others too!

Looking at the 2 Piettas, and comparing them with my used and abused Uberti. If my used Uberti is any indicator I would not mind having a new one. That is not to say that the next run at either company would be a bunch of lemons. :shake: guess there is no way to know.

Bad news goes a long way, look at how many people still think that the Japanese build better cars than the US. They also think that the Europeans make better cars yet. Truth is that since the early 90s Europeans have been designing our cars for us to better than there own standards. But the 80s are still haunting "the big 3". :idunno:

Take a poll and lets see which one comes out better.

There's a reason Colt picked Uberti to make their parts.

I have a 1851 Navy by Pietta and the sear and pawl wore out after 200 shots. :-( I don't believe they were ever hardened. Still works, but the trigger pull is flat terrible and the bolt has run a groove around the cylinder.

Next one (if ever) will be a Uberti.

Pietta probably sells 10 times more revolvers in the U.S. than Uberti does.
Now that doesn't mean that they're better since there's really no way to directly compare them.
But if the criteria is best value for the money then Pietta would surely win based on how many folks have cast their vote with their hard earned cash.

Did Uberti fix the issue with the arbors being too short? I know Pietta did. I still agree Ubertis are better overall though, or at least have less variation in quality.

Geraldo said:
Capper said:
There's a reason Colt picked Uberti to make their parts.

Yes, the deal Uberti cut them.

As cheap as Pietta sells their guns. I'm sure they would have made the parts cheaper than Uberti.

Colt picked Uberti, because they wanted the best parts.

The link is not dead it is a secure website (as is everything for BlueBook). Your computer is blocking it. The problem is on your end.

I don't think I'm getting picky. I'm just giving you the facts on this matter. I do not work for Pietta (I wish I did). I am just a guy who owens both Pietta and Uberti firearms so I can compare each brand directly.

junkman_01 said:
I don't think I'm getting picky. I'm just giving you the facts on this matter. I do not work for Pietta (I wish I did). I am just a guy who owens both Pietta and Uberti firearms so I can compare each brand directly.

Which of the 2 do you think is the better quality? Take one over the other.
P

At the present time, I still have to say that the Uberti firearms are a bit better finished ( I mean the bluing and grips) but they are presently about the same mechanically. Pietta seems to have improved their quality over the past few years and Uberti has slipped a bit. I never said that Uberti guns were inferior to Pietta, only that they no longer deserve the BLIND devotion that some people on this forum afford them. Pietta is the best bang for the buck at this time.

Back