• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pietta or Uberti 1858 new model army?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want the very best 1858 pattern Remington revolver you might want to look at the one from Pedersoli.

Ultimately it depends on the process used but I'll just point out that a lot of folks drive Mercedes Benz, Porsche, BMW's . . . so it's not "very few". Billet crankshafts (like I said for racing) are found in F1 cars as well as Ferrari's. There's not as many of those type of Italians running around but there's more than "very few".

As far as inexpensive Italian revolvers, I don't think "high end" casting techniques are used to make a product "stronger" than the forged competition. I'm pretty sure it's the "let's make it a little bigger" technique. If size is no deal breaker, get the cast one!! I have one!!! I like it a lot and it's very accurate revolver. But I'm pretty sure the "forged" one is stronger than mine.

Mike
Please what somewhat affordable production car has a billet crank . I still maintain that non racing autos with billet cranks are very few.
You are making statements like, you know something is a fact. I believe it is all conjecture on your part.
You seem to be enamored with the phrase ( high end ) , rather than technologically advanced.

I am quite certain that if Ruger used high end process the firearms would be very expensive.
your opinions are of course yours, and good luck with that.
Buzz

It's happening all over, which is why I'm enjoying the freedom while I can

There's always pics on Facebook groups of seized weapons from drug busts and people making fun of them like "someone call wyatt earp we found your gun" because it's 4 or 5 rusty brass frame Piettas and a single shot shotgun

It's funny but also not because all of this draws attention to the freedom of getting blackpowder guns

It's like, you gotta laugh or else you'll cry 😃

People get lambasted on here for using percussion revolvers for self defense, we're like "you're using 1860s technology to protect yourself from crackheads with 9mm's" but now the crackheads are packing .44 cap and ballers 😃😃
Fortunately most of the gang bangers won’t be able to get those .44’s shooting reliably… you and I, along with our compadres in the BP brotherhood, will be well armed. With modern technology…

Fortunately most of the gang bangers won’t be able to get those .44’s shooting reliably… you and I, along with our compadres in the BP brotherhood, will be well armed. With modern technology…
Plus they can't hit anything with any weapon let alone the .44 Brassers they bought at Cabelas.......meanwhile we have the experience and skills to use our Rugers, Blocks and S&W's, etc with high effectiveness

Funny how the pic of the "unmentionable" cylinder in the Remington is STILL up (pg 2) when mine were taken down immediately!!

" Rules for thee, not for me"

🤣

( "pg" stands for "page" )

The choice was simple for me, i couldnt find anything but Pietta, so i bought what is available. I didnt find any other type of repros that were available.

This debate rages on every day /month/year and the opinions never change.:dunno: I own a Pietta and it is perfect in every way. Why? Because I have never fired it!:doh:

I have both Uberti and Pietta 1858s and the Uberti feels much better not to mention having a better smoother action. The 58 Piettas just need a tad of metal filed off the loading gate edges and paper cartridges will work. It’s a very easy modification that takes only a couple of minutes. Both are good but Uberti just feels and handles better IMO.

This is a great thread! I enjoy reading the pros and cons. While I have a Armi, Uberti and a Ruger, I still consider myself a novice. I am sure I will be getting a Pietta!

Back