• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Pietta 1862 snubby again!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I got a chance to shoot my snubby yesterday and it shoots great-except for shooting about 10" low at 20'. I did have problems with the spent caps catching on the frame and locking up the cylinder almost every shot. This morning I took a close look at the gun and found that the barrel/cylinder gap was almost nothing and the top of the barrel(at the forcing cone) was rubbing on the face of the cylinder. I filed the back of the barrel's wedge hole a little and now the b/c gap is much better and the gap is even. So now the only complaint I have is that loading with the hand rammer is work! If I decide that it's too much work would a full length barrel from an 1851 or 1861 navy fit without much effort or are they factory fitted? Thanks,

Utsutiyona

Not sure about the longer barrel, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Could you use a "cheater bar" of some sort to increase the leverage on the short lever? Of course, you could also buy a cylinder loading gadget for the range that loads the cylinder outside of the pistol.

Back