• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Pietta 1860 Army Revolver Range Report

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still enjoy my 1860 Army made by Pietta. It is a very well made pistol with a very good fit and finish. I think I got it from Cabelas during the late 1980's, before the CNC milling machine.

I've just bought a pietta '58 remington replica. I was very impressed by the quality, no rattles, no damage anywhere on the finish, good trigger, cylinder gap is thinner than some modern cartridge revolvers I've looked over. It's actually tight enough that the cylinder needs to be just so, for it to slip in or out, nice and tight. Good trigger, a bit heavy maybe but I believe it will wear in. Planning on getting a pietta colt 1860 army because I like it so much.

When did they turn into CNC....+/-?

I have a Pietta brass .36 Navy code CF and seems well done, and at least for me and now (I have not worked enough the optimal load), it is a good shooter.
208iump.jpg

25m, 2 hands+rest, 24gr Swiss FFF (seems to prefer heavy loads).
I know it is a really heavy load for a brasser, but my next step is working on mild loads+wads and fillers in order to avoid any damage.

I have ordered another Pietta .36 Navy, but this one with a steel frame. Let´s see what I get when it finally arrives home.

Thanks.

Now, if they would quit making the Colt replicas with the " bugle " shaped grip frame and do them like Colt did, that would be even better.

Sometimes the Italians take artistic liberties with their replicas when the original design was just fine.

I chalk it up to the fact that almost without exception, the Italians are not shooters, even the ones that work in the arms manufacturing business.
The very few that do actually shoot do it with shotguns on the trap and skeet fields, with the occaisional bird shoot thrown in.

Back