• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Pietta 1858 New Model Army steel frame 44 caliber, 6-round unfluted clylinder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pietta 1858 New Model Army steel frame 44 caliber, 6-shot black powder revolver

$300

(or trade for an 1849 Pocket, or 1860 Army -- either only with steel frame)

- used, in excellent condition
- original box and paperwork
- walnut wood grips
- .44 caliber (.454 or .457 round lead ball)
- 6 round, unfluted cylinder (conversion cylinder available, converts to shoot 44 Colt cartridges)
- 8" octagonal barrel
- steel frame
- brass trigger guard
- 14.375" overall length
- 3 lbs. weight

**** $300 ****

::: Percussion caps also available!! :::

with purchase of revolver...
CCI #11 Magnum percussion caps
$20 per tin of 100 (up to 3 tins/300 total)

Private sale. Located in Tempe, AZ. Sale via face-to-face meeting, or shipped directly to buyer (shipping extra cost).

Pietta / Traditions 1858 New Model Army
The Colt 1836 patent was due to expire in 1849, but Colt was able to extend it until 25th Feburary 1857 by demonstrating that they had not used it to its full capacity. The extension gave them the chance to force out the competition. When the patent expired, Remington brought out a solid frame design, which was both elegant and reliable. The reliability of the Remington and its accuracy made it so famous that when the government offered the "Yankee" officers to take over as an outfit at the end of the War of Succession, the prevailing choice was for the Remington. Blue barrel, steel frame, brass trigger guard. Barrel 8” Octagonal, OAL 14-3/8”, Weight 3 lbs., Caliber .44, Grips Walnut, Twist 1 in 30”.

20210919_133306.jpg

1858-1.jpg

20210919_133348.jpg

20210919_133448.jpg

20210919_133528.jpg

20210919_133553.jpg

$20 - $50 per 100 on gunbroker... half that from Midway, if they have 'em in stock (if!!). Just wanting what I have into them, and only selling with the revolver... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pietta 1858 New Model Army steel frame 44 caliber, 6-shot black powder revolver

$300

(or trade for an 1849 Pocket, or 1860 Army -- either only with steel frame)

- used, in excellent condition
- original box and paperwork
- walnut wood grips
- .44 caliber (.454 or .457 round lead ball)
- 6 round, unfluted cylinder (conversion cylinder available, converts to shoot 44 Colt cartridges)
- 8" octagonal barrel
- steel frame
- brass trigger guard
- 14.375" overall length
- 3 lbs. weight

**** $300 ****

::: Percussion caps also available!! :::

with purchase of revolver...
CCI #11 Magnum percussion caps
$20 per tin of 100 (up to 3 tins/300 total)

Private sale. Located in Tempe, AZ. Sale via face-to-face meeting, or shipped directly to buyer (shipping extra cost).

Pietta / Traditions 1858 New Model Army
The Colt 1836 patent was due to expire in 1849, but Colt was able to extend it until 25th Feburary 1857 by demonstrating that they had not used it to its full capacity. The extension gave them the chance to force out the competition. When the patent expired, Remington brought out a solid frame design, which was both elegant and reliable. The reliability of the Remington and its accuracy made it so famous that when the government offered the "Yankee" officers to take over as an outfit at the end of the War of Succession, the prevailing choice was for the Remington. Blue barrel, steel frame, brass trigger guard. Barrel 8” Octagonal, OAL 14-3/8”, Weight 3 lbs., Caliber .44, Grips Walnut, Twist 1 in 30”.

View attachment 99844

View attachment 99845

View attachment 99846

View attachment 99847

View attachment 99848

View attachment 99849
What does “ the government offered the Yankee officers to take over as an outfit at the end of the war “ mean?

CLASSIFIED GUIDELINES
20. Unless you are interested in buying the item or asking specific questions about it, comments about the offering critiquing it are not proper and will be deleted.

Gents, I don't know why you feel compelled to make posts contrary to the classified guidelines, but it's now time to stop. :rolleyes:

And we will never hear from him again now that he has his $$$…

First you stick your nose into a thread you apparently have no genuine interest in, then post again in that same thread, this time with your opinion that my interest in the forum stops with the sale of this particular revolver.

You don't know me, and you have no idea about my interests (if you'd look at my other posts -- and there aren't many, so it wouldn't take long -- you'd see I'm an active BP shooter and modest collector, who's looking to acquire more BP guns).

Although I've been here only a day, the fact that I chose to support the forum with a membership ought to be some clue about my intentions, too... but instead, you went for a quick yuck yuck. Aren't you the clever "old-timer?"

Keep it up. I'm sure you can help other new members from becoming more involved, too. :rolleyes:

"Although I've been here only a day, the fact that I chose to support the forum with a membership ought to be some clue about my intentions,"

Funny you beat me to it. I was just about to point that out!

I have deleted the offensive posts. No one has any right to question what a member sells an item for.

I can't state this firmly enough: THE CLASSIFIEDS ARE NOT A FORUM FOR DISCUSSION, CRITICISM OR CROSS CHATTER. I HAVE ISSUED WARNINGS FOR INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR.
IF YOU ARE NOT BUYING OR SELLING, BUTT OUT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back