• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Pietta 1858 .44 Fancy Engraved Model

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This piece is from an estate. I don't believe ever fired, like new condition. Functions perfectly, $600 includes shipping.
Paypal friends, money order or cashiers check preferred.

Attachments

• 18587.jpg
    18587.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 247
  • 18588.jpg
    18588.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 241
  • 18581.jpg
    18581.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 184
  • 18582.jpg
    18582.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 188
  • 18583.jpg
    18583.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 197
  • 18584.jpg
    18584.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 194
  • 18585.jpg
    18585.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 168
  • 18586.jpg
    18586.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 145
These were sold by cabelas about 20 years ago and they have a brass frame. They are very well done and I shot them as my main pistol for sass matches. This is the only one I've actually ever seen besides my two.

It is a chromeplate. The cylinder is also in like a gold Chrome plate but it stands up incredibly well to heavy shooting. The grips are just plastic or maybe a fancy name for plastic, but they look great. The Springs on mine are very heavy. I was never into the competition part of sass so I never had them slicked up, but I don't think I ever replaced a part on them. These are the guns that I refer to when people tell me that you can't shoot a brass gun full snot. That is the only way I shoot.

In my opinion the brass framed Remmies do not have the same problems as the brass framed open tops with full loads. The extra beef in the frame top strap makes up for any extra stress created by the more powerful loads...Gorgeous piece, by the way!
Regards,
Ivery

I have a pair of 1860 armies in exactly the same finish with exactly the same gold cylinders and they even put exactly the same Remington grips for some strange reasons. And I shot them very heavily as well. Likewise I have never had a problem with them once. I find that a lot of people are willing to volunteer why they think a brass frame is weaker, but I have yet to find any proof. Zonie is going to delete these posts anyway, but I was trying to help someone with a purchasing decision, not sing the praises of brass frame revolvers.

This is the 1985 price for the gun. So I would not bother making offers as I will take it if y'all decide to pass at this price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back