• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Piercing your nipples?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Fellow BP revolver shooter asked where he could get those nipples with the holes in them for his Uberti 62 Police . I had the same problem with mine and a few older guns. Found a simple solution. Without a high end drill press. Chuck the nipple in a vice. Using a fine jewelers saw to cut down to where the hole would be. Touching up with a file after. This trick has been saving me $ for years by using factory nipples. Also much easier to peen open for my prefered CCI #11 caps when needed. Anyone else modding factory nipples?...c

stock nips are good for about 9 shots on my Kentucky, once fowled i run a welders wire file thru and i'm good

post a pic of what you did i'm curious.

stock nips are good for about 9 shots on my Kentucky, once fowled i run a welders wire file thru and i'm good

post a pic of what you did i'm curious.
If you are blowing out nips that fast they would be the worst I`ve seen or very hot hunting loads. Sorry, my camera won`t show stuff that small pics. I have modded high quality stainless nips also. I buy mostly older guns. Some have upgraded stainless nips but caps may stick. Some times just a little notch works fine for guns loaded on the heavier side. Light target loaded gun seem to work better with the holes or cuts...c

Latest posts

Back