• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Piddling around with scraps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I spent today messing around making some accessories out of scraps that were lying about. For a new percussion rifle. A brute of a nipple wrench for removing factory or otherwise stubborn nipples. From a 1/2 class 5 bolt. A ball starter from scraps of wood and 9mm casings. 10-32 and 8-32 "T" handles cut from some bolts and drilled, tapped and soldered in machine screws. And a pour spout for my BP containers. To be used pouring into the measure only. I'm old and slow so this was a long working day for me. Material cost--$0. Labor cost-a lot, unless you are retired!

Attachments

• DSC_4856.JPG
    DSC_4856.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 2
  • DSC_4858.JPG
    DSC_4858.JPG
    282.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_4864.JPG
    DSC_4864.JPG
    531.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_4861.JPG
    DSC_4861.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
I spent today messing around making some accessories out of scraps that were lying about. For a new percussion rifle. A brute of a nipple wrench for removing factory or otherwise stubborn nipples. From a 1/2 class 5 bolt. A ball starter from scraps of wood and 9mm casings. 10-32 and 8-32 "T" handles cut from some bolts and drilled, tapped and soldered in machine screws. And a pour spout for my BP containers. To be used pouring into the measure only. I'm old and slow so this was a long working day for me. Material cost--$0. Labor cost-a lot, unless you are retired!
There's nothing like making useful stuff from otherwise unuseful stuff. Good job!

Some, good ideas and work well done,
The T-handles are very nice, and the heavy duty nipple "extractor" is good,
But the 9mm casings and the black gue glue, not so much.
Just bein` honest.

I believe making your supplies is part of the game we play,In the time period we like to reproduce people would never spend what little money they had buying something they could make.The main reason I got into rendezvous was the more home made items you had the more you were respected.

Some, good ideas and work well done,
The T-handles are very nice, and the heavy duty nipple "extractor" is good,
But the 9mm casings and the black gue glue, not so much.
Just bein` honest.
Respect your opinion, but it works. No pinched fingers and you can't beat the price. I realized I dipped into the unmentionable world.

Back