• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pictures and a walk on the prairie today with my hawken...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Pretty hot today. Did manage to see a couple coyotes, but they wouldn't come to the call. Don't blame them. Im not very hungry when its in the 90's either...

20210925_153138.jpg
20210925_150225.jpg
20210925_145928.jpg

Lot of antelope out this afternoon. I saw over 20 on the drive there alone. All the bucks are rounding up harems, including this little guy. They're really rutting right now. As evidenced by all the mullein stalks they've pushed over and scent marked this month...(Guess I should have taken pictures of those too):

20210925_121928.jpg

Pretty good end to a hectic work week. Caught my good jeans on fire while cutting rebar: 🤣

20210920_143237.jpg

Here's a view overlooking the Cheyenne river opposite the reservation:

20210918_175123.jpg

As well as last weekend's cottontail with the pistol:

20210918_165116~2.jpg

Guess tomorrow is sunday: bills, grocery store, and resting for work. Its pretty hard not to just scratch the itch and put it all aside for a day and wear myself out in the hills again...trying not to push myself too hard this fall, and just be thankful for what I have, but there was a time in the past when I used to work nights, and hunt days, and sleep in February...

Souvenir from the day that I brought back to the house with me: an old chewed-up antelope skull I found in a shallow, hidden basin below a saddle out on the grassland:

20210925_215627.jpg

Hope y'all are having a pleasant weekend. I'm finding it hard not bowhunting this year.

Last edited:
Pretty hot today. Did manage to see a couple coyotes, but they wouldn't come to the call. Don't blame them. Im not very hungry when its in the 90's either...

View attachment 95914View attachment 95915View attachment 95916

Lot of antelope out this afternoon. I saw over 20 on the drive there alone. All the bucks are rounding up harems, including this little guy. They're really rutting right now. As evidenced by all the mullein stalks they've pushed over and scent marked this month...(Guess I should have taken pictures of those too):

View attachment 95917

Pretty good end to a hectic work week. Caught my good jeans on fire while cutting rebar: 🤣

View attachment 95918

View attachment 95919

View attachment 95920

Guess tomorrow is sunday: bills, grocery store, and resting for work. Its pretty hard not to just scratch the itch and put it all aside for a day and wear myself out in the hills again...trying not to push myself too hard this fall, and just be thankful for what I have, but there was a time in the past when I used to work nights, and hunt days, and sleep in February...

Souvenir from the day that I brought back to the house with me: an old chewed-up antelope skull I found in a shallow, hidden basin below a saddle out on the grassland:

View attachment 95924

Hope y'all are having a pleasant weekend. I'm finding it hard not bowhunting this year.

View attachment 95914View attachment 95915View attachment 95916

View attachment 95917

View attachment 95918

View attachment 95919

View attachment 95920

View attachment 95924

Your jeans are now :rolleyes: "Totally Awesome" .... Polecat

Back