• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

photographed recently somewhere around Kharkiv

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Under Folder Stock 30 Round Double Stack Magazine Ak, Have one Or two of them myself. Hay you never know, Right…😉

It’s fairly easy to tell by zooming in that the soldier has no cap on the top one which is a percussion gun. The soldier is obviously searching for some percussion caps since Pyrodex is still available there.

The second gun is a flintlock which has a dry ball stuck in the barrel. He is looking for someone to show him how to remove the stuck ball. He would have shot it out but he lost the flint and cannot find any real black powder. He’s trying to find a suitable flint and some real black powder since publications in that area have stated that Pyrodex will not work reliably in a flintlock.

Just my professional opinion,,,,,,,
WOW! and all that from a photo!??

And when one is making stuff up, as long as its plausible then go right ahead. Its not as if any of us really believe the truth of that photo.

There is also no need for the Russian soldier to carry a functioning sidearm as for them it is all about image and not performance so these pistols can be non-functioning wall hanging displays.

It’s fairly easy to tell by zooming in that the soldier has no cap on the top one which is a percussion gun. The soldier is obviously searching for some percussion caps since Pyrodex is still available there.

The second gun is a flintlock which has a dry ball stuck in the barrel. He is looking for someone to show him how to remove the stuck ball. He would have shot it out but he lost the flint and cannot find any real black powder. He’s trying to find a suitable flint and some real black powder since publications in that area have stated that Pyrodex will not work reliably in a flintlock.

Just my professional opinion,,,,,,,
I agree. He needs to start a post here asking for advice. 🤣

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back