• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Photo Test

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captjoel

45 Cal.
Reaction score
P1040108.jpg
[/url][/img]

P1040103.jpg
[/img]

Captjoel said:
P1040108.jpg
[/url][/img]

P1040103.jpg
[/img]

You can avoid the extra script displayed outside your posted pics.

Just type
at the back end, with no spacing between the square brackets & your pic's pasted link.

Like this : [ img ] https://image.ibb.co/nD7igS/P1040103.jpg [ /img ] (don't use the spacing in my example)

You should then get this:

P1040103.jpg

A clean pic, w/o any extra script.

Thanks for the photo help! My skill level with these new fangled putter's get put to the test every time I start getting comfortable with an old photo hosting site!

This rifle is my latest build of a Germanic style hunting rifle stocked in curly ash. 31" Getz swamped 60 caliber barrel, Chamber's Dale Johnson flintlock, and brass hardware from scattered sources. I still have some work to do on the ramrod and a few more coats of teak oil along with bluing screws.

I hunt Michigan white tails pretty close to my property line and hope that the knock down\killing power of the 60 will save me from having to cross the line!
P1040115.jpg
[/img]

Beautiful rifle! Very nice work.
I've been wondering why these pictures of your rifle are so good and the ones in the want adds are so horrible? I can't hardly make out what they are trying to sell.
Thanks,
David

I was just about to say the same thing . . . What's up with the pictures in classified section? They are terrible !

Mac1967 said:
I was just about to say the same thing . . . What's up with the pictures in classified section? They are terrible !

I work with and manipulate jpg and tif images all day long at work and it looks like the images in classified section are rasterized, and something is not converting them correctly to an image that can be readily seen on this site, for whatever reason. It is also limiting the size of the image considerably. But, the best way to view an image of a classified is to just contact the seller and have them email them to you as attachments.

I suppose one could put a gun up for sale in the want adds section and post pictures here in the photo section. :wink:

Good point ... not sure how forum rules view that solution, but it would make for much better photos of items to be sold ”” and larger photos. I know the photos I've posted in regular topic categories download extremely well and are top notch when viewed ”” if you take a good, sharp, well-lighted photo.

How legal posting pictures of items for sale is is covered by rule #4:

"Posting items for sale or trade will result in an immediate ban from the web site - Use the Free Classifieds."

That said, if the pictures are posted here as a stand alone presentation there is nothing wrong with that. The posting cannot have anything about the thing being for sale and it cannot make reference to the classified ad section.

Also, IMO, the classified ad cannot reference the posting by having a link to the Photo section but it can say, "Contact me for a guide to pictures" or something like that and then you can give directions or a link to your post here in the Photo section.

I know it is not easy to do but there are no rules against it.

I sold a gun in the classified a few weeks ago, my pictures were from IMGUR and looked awful in the ad but when I clicked on the supersized version they came up clear as a bell.

If the picture issue can't be resolved the mods could create a separate sub forum under "pictures" for classified pictures, no text and and give each add a number.

Such as Ad #45 pictures and make it read only, no comments.

The moderators have no control over the method the forum computer wants to use when it shows a picture.

It'a all just a part of how the computer programs are set up.

The MLF is presently running FusionBB, a out of date program.

There was talk about changing to a more modern program that would allow uploading photos directly to this site but I haven't heard anything about doing it for a long time.

The bottom line at the moment is your pictures must be stored on a photo sharing web site and the pictures address provided by them then pasted into your posts.

I do understand your point Zonie but the fact of the matter is this site needs to update it's software to address this issue. We shouldn't have to jump through hoops to upload photos! You say the moderators have no control over the computer or its software, but you all are aware of this ongoing problem and don't press for its rectification?

Perhaps you haven't seen the topic posted by the new owner of the MLF?

2kuz is working on getting a new software for the forum.

One of the things he wants the program to have is the ability of the members to upload photos directly to the MLF as well as have the ability to use the current method of linking photos that are stored on photo storing web sites.

Follow this link to 2 different topics on the issue.
http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/307248/
http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/308191/

Last edited by a moderator:
Zonie said:

One of the things he wants the program to have is the ability of the members to upload photos directly to the...
I believe the current software can allow members to upload files, it's just not turned on in the Permissions?

Claude said:
Zonie said:

One of the things he wants the program to have is the ability of the members to upload photos directly to the...
I believe the current software can allow members to upload files, it's just not turned on in the Permissions?

Where are the permissions? How do we turn it on?

Back