• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Philadelphia Deringers have arrived

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wiksmo

40 Cal
Reaction score
From a recent MLF classified SOLD by Denster , I'm the person who purchased his pair of derringers. In the thread posts, @TXFlynHog wrote the comments "someone's gonna get a great pair here" and "Bob got a nice set." I agree. I got them this week, and they are exactly as listed, even much sharper-looking in hand. :thumb:

I have never before purchased a gun and not shot it. This will be a first for me as I bought these unfired derringers and accessories only to use as a collectible display. As far as collecting goes, I do have a small knife collection with some special-edition blades displayed in a rustic, wood picket shelf unit. This "book" set of derringers fits perfectly on a shelf.

Took some close-up photos this morning of the derringers. I liked how they turned out, and wanted to share them here. Thanks for looking and have a great day. ~wiksmo

NOTB.07.14.20.DSCN3653.JPG

NOTB.07.14.20.DSCN3646.JPG

NOTB.07.14.20.DSCN3647.JPG

NOTB.07.14.20.DSCN3648.JPG

NOTB.07.14.20.DSCN3649.JPG

NOTB.07.14.20.DSCN3650.JPG

NOTB.07.14.20.DSCN3651.JPG

NOTB.07.14.20.DSCN3652.JPG

Thanks, Dennis. My older auto-focus Nikon 35mm is still hanging around. Lighting and stable focusing are the challenges. Some days I delete any number of shots. This turned out a good shoot.

Bob you are much better with a camera than I am.

Who made those? They look a little like an excellent customization of the CVA ,but I am not sure they are. Beautiful !!!

Who made those? They look a little like an excellent customization of the CVA ,but I am not sure they are. Beautiful !!!

Mac --- Thanks. In my original post above, I included a link to Denster's classfied offering this derringer pair. Here is his comment re. your Q, "Who made those?"

Here is something that you will not frequently come across. This set of "Peanut" size Deringers .41cal. were made for the U.S. Historical Society by Aldo Uberti in the early 1980's and have Uberti's markings and Italian proofs on the underside of the barrels.

Thanks, sorry i missed that info in the thread . . . Uberti is much higher quality than CVA and your pistols are among the best I've ever seen . . . again, they are wonderful . . . I have a CVA I built when I was a teen . . . your's are several steps above mine. Congrats !!!

Back