• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Philadelphia Deringer Set With Accessories

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Here is something that you will not frequently come across. This set of "Peanut" size Deringers .41cal. were made for the U.S. Historical Society by Aldo Uberti in the early 1980's and have Uberti's markings and Italian proofs on the underside of the barrels.

Those who, like me, have a few years behind us will recall the U.S. Historical Society as an organization that came into being after the bi-centenial and had sets of very high quality historically significant weapons made under contract with Uberti and marketed to the wealthy as instant collectables sure to appreciate. The prices were gnerally in the range of $2800 to $3200 per set. ($3000 for these) which in the late 70's to early 80's was no small piece of change. Of course for the original owners these were horrible investments but considering the high quality and todays prices they are a lot of fun to own and shoot and a real value. I own another set of these deringers that I shoot regularly and with a .395rb a .010patch and 20gr of 3f they are surprisingly accurate out to about 10yds. This set is unfired.

There were 1000 sets of these made and each set is serial numbered with the addition of A& B. They are stocked in walnut and the inletting is flawless and the grips are checkered. The .41 caliber barrels are browned with two gold bands at the breech and rifled with 7 groves which is historicaly correct. Also the words Deringer and Philadelphia are stamped in the correct location. Sights are a V notch rear and blade front. The locks are color case hardened with the words Deringer and Philadelphia on the lockplate. All of the furniture and inlays are of sterling silver and engraved. There is a trap in the butt of each that houses a spare nipple
The set comes housed in a book like case. It comes with the following accessories a silver and brass powder flask with a 10gr spout, a brass and steel loading rod, a .40 cal scissor mold, an ebony handled turnscrew and an ebony handled nipple wrench. Underneath the mold recess is a hidden pocket for a small supply of lead balls
These pistols are virtual mirrors to those produced by Deringer in the 1850s and 1860s. The only thing currently out there that comes remotely close currently is Pedersoli's Philadelphia Deringer that sells for $575 from Dixie. While the Pedersoli is decent the quality of these pistols would, seriously, make you throw rocks at the Pedersoli. I am asking $1200 for this set which includes shipping anywhere in the CONUS it is legal to ship to. That is essentially the price of two pedersolies without the accessories. I prefer postal money order or personal check with time to clear.

Attachments

• IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG