• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Phil Ackermann has died

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
The sad news is that Phil Ackermann (Ackermann Arms Co.) died. I don't know any specifics about his death but the muzzleloading and living history communities just lost a major founding member and supporter. Phil was a curator of arms at the West Point Museum, made, restored, and sold 18th century military firearms as well as parts and supplies, and was an encyclopedic source of information. He will be missed.

dave

I just learned of Phil's passing last weekend at the the Forks of the Delaware Show. He was a regular there and I always looked forward to seeing him and buying from him. A big arms show with a lot of vendors, he was the one that I always sought out and the only one with a dedicated inventory of traditional muzzleloading supplies. He's greatly missed and will continue to be. His nephew (?) was manning the table at the show and said the business will continue which made me happy to hear albeit sandwiched between the sad news of Phil's recent passing.

big JAY GIBSON of Hardin ky. died suddenly dec.8.2016. at 49.he loved his b.p.guns.
was the owner/admin. of ..we deal in lead.
a mans man......still can't believe he was ''needed'' for a higher purpose.

Last edited:
WOW!! they Shure are thinning out the heard. see them on the other side.

big JAY GIBSON of Hardin ky. died suddenly dec.8.2016. at 49.he loved his b.p.guns.
was the owner/admin. of ..we deal in lead.
a mans man......still can't believe he was ''needed'' for a higher purpose.
I lived in Hardin County for a long time, what is/was we deal in lead?

greetings mrstang01,
it was an ''interesting'' shooting/fishing/general outdoor site......the site ''passed on'' about 6 months after JAY.
lived out on brewers hwy, across road from the large propane storage tanks.....

Hi,
The sad news is that Phil Ackermann (Ackermann Arms Co.) died. I don't know any specifics about his death but the muzzleloading and living history communities just lost a major founding member and supporter. Phil was a curator of arms at the West Point Museum, made, restored, and sold 18th century military firearms as well as parts and supplies, and was an encyclopedic source of information. He will be missed.

dave
There was a Phil Ackerman of West Springfield Mass general dealer did most gun shows & F 'ship as Ackerman & Co I was one of the 'Co' years ago made ram rods he died but doubt its the same one . Rudyard

Latest posts

Back