Phil Ackermann has died

Discussion in 'Beyond the Great Divide' started by dave_person, Oct 25, 2018.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Oct 25, 2018 #1

dave_person

dave_person

dave_person

54 Cal.

Hi,
    The sad news is that Phil Ackermann (Ackermann Arms Co.) died. I don't know any specifics about his death but the muzzleloading and living history communities just lost a major founding member and supporter. Phil was a curator of arms at the West Point Museum, made, restored, and sold 18th century military firearms as well as parts and supplies, and was an encyclopedic source of information. He will be missed.

dave

2. Nov 4, 2018 #2

Loyalist Dave

Loyalist Dave

Loyalist Dave

Cannon Supporting Member

OMG :(:(:(
    He just helped me earlier this year to scrounge parts to restore a messed up Japanese Bess. A lovely guy, who was always lookin' out to secure scarse stuff for the historic folks.
    He will be missed.

LD

3. Dec 4, 2018 #3

Big John

Big John

Big John

45 Cal.

4. Dec 4, 2018 #4

Big John

Big John

Big John

45 Cal.

Sorry to hear this, Great guy, used to stay and chat at new England gunshows and at nationals!

5. Dec 8, 2018 #5

thehorn

thehorn

thehorn

40 Cal.

I just learned of Phil's passing last weekend at the the Forks of the Delaware Show. He was a regular there and I always looked forward to seeing him and buying from him. A big arms show with a lot of vendors, he was the one that I always sought out and the only one with a dedicated inventory of traditional muzzleloading supplies. He's greatly missed and will continue to be. His nephew (?) was manning the table at the show and said the business will continue which made me happy to hear albeit sandwiched between the sad news of Phil's recent passing.