Quantcast

Phil Ackermann has died

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

dave_person

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi,
The sad news is that Phil Ackermann (Ackermann Arms Co.) died. I don't know any specifics about his death but the muzzleloading and living history communities just lost a major founding member and supporter. Phil was a curator of arms at the West Point Museum, made, restored, and sold 18th century military firearms as well as parts and supplies, and was an encyclopedic source of information. He will be missed.

dave

Loyalist Dave

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
OMG :(:(:(
He just helped me earlier this year to scrounge parts to restore a messed up Japanese Bess. A lovely guy, who was always lookin' out to secure scarse stuff for the historic folks.
He will be missed.

LD

thehorn

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I just learned of Phil's passing last weekend at the the Forks of the Delaware Show. He was a regular there and I always looked forward to seeing him and buying from him. A big arms show with a lot of vendors, he was the one that I always sought out and the only one with a dedicated inventory of traditional muzzleloading supplies. He's greatly missed and will continue to be. His nephew (?) was manning the table at the show and said the business will continue which made me happy to hear albeit sandwiched between the sad news of Phil's recent passing.

OLD CROW

32 Cal.
Reaction score
big JAY GIBSON of Hardin ky. died suddenly dec.8.2016. at 49.he loved his b.p.guns.
was the owner/admin. of ..we deal in lead.
a mans man......still can't believe he was ''needed'' for a higher purpose.

Last edited:

toot

32 Cal.
Reaction score
WOW!! they Shure are thinning out the heard. see them on the other side.

mrstang01

32 Cal
Reaction score
big JAY GIBSON of Hardin ky. died suddenly dec.8.2016. at 49.he loved his b.p.guns.
was the owner/admin. of ..we deal in lead.
a mans man......still can't believe he was ''needed'' for a higher purpose.
I lived in Hardin County for a long time, what is/was we deal in lead?

OLD CROW

32 Cal.
Reaction score
greetings mrstang01,
it was an ''interesting'' shooting/fishing/general outdoor site......the site ''passed on'' about 6 months after JAY.
lived out on brewers hwy, across road from the large propane storage tanks.....

Rudyard

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi,
The sad news is that Phil Ackermann (Ackermann Arms Co.) died. I don't know any specifics about his death but the muzzleloading and living history communities just lost a major founding member and supporter. Phil was a curator of arms at the West Point Museum, made, restored, and sold 18th century military firearms as well as parts and supplies, and was an encyclopedic source of information. He will be missed.

dave
There was a Phil Ackerman of West Springfield Mass general dealer did most gun shows & F 'ship as Ackerman & Co I was one of the 'Co' years ago made ram rods he died but doubt its the same one . Rudyard

ADK Bigfoot

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Having dealt with the "old man" I will miss him. No one knew as much, or shared as much, as Phil. we are diminished.

ADK Bigfoot

Latest posts