• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Phew. What a relief !!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labrat

40 Cal
Reaction score
I'm so glade to find the builders bench and the endless amount of information available. In my haste and like a kid I jumped into buying a rifle kit without knowing anything about long rifles. Super green, never touched one never fired one and never built one ! I even let Kathy the sales person at Kibler choose the kit for me which was the Colonial 54 for its beautiful brass and 1 week delivery. Anyway I am supper excited to have you all here for backup with great how to's and photos. My kit will be here soon so I'll have to brake out the tools from storage. Thanks and I hope I posted this in the correct section.......

Welcome to the forum! Lots of Kibler "builds" archived in this forum to keep you busy reading and looking for a long time! Plus, as I'm sure you already know, Jim Kibler himself has videos on his website you can review to see what he does and recommends. These kits are more of an assembly than a build....a great place to start on your journey into black powder.

The only downside to this whole thing is that it becomes an addiction! Soon you will be looking for your next kit....and more accessories...and more.... :D

You found the right place, 👍
While your waiting for your kit, scroll the back pages (archives) and read any topic that interests you.
The archives are like an encyclopedia,, no, like several volumes of encyclopedia. A wealth of shared questions and experience.
The more knowledge you have before you start the better,,

Good choice. So far I haven't heard any complaints about building those kits so they obviously are well within the hobbyist's ability to complete. I just wish they had been around 20 or 30 years ago.

Research is the key. Lots of advice here, and on the ALR site. The best way to correct mistakes is to not make them in the first place1

Latest posts

Back