• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Pheasant down.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on successful hunt and thanks for enjoyable recounting. Curious as to your load. I can see maybe 60 grains of fine powder but the 500 has me curious. In my 12 and 11 gauge front stuffers, 85 to 90 gr FFg and equivalent volume of #5 or #6 shot works. I don't think I'd put 500 grains volume of shot over only 60 grains of powder. So I may be mislead or not understand the gn after your numbers 60 and 500.

Congrats on successful hunt and thanks for enjoyable recounting. Curious as to your load. I can see maybe 60 grains of fine powder but the 500 has me curious. In my 12 and 11 gauge front stuffers, 85 to 90 gr FFg and equivalent volume of #5 or #6 shot works. I don't think I'd put 500 grains volume of shot over only 60 grains of powder. So I may be mislead or not understand the gn after your numbers 60 and 500.
1oz =440gn
+ 55gn
=495gn
is that correct?

i don't stick to the rules come shot to powder ratios.
I don't care about powder size except I won't go near the course stuff. I just tip more shot to powder and I don't really go off pre conceived thinking on gauges or bores.

I was only shooting 20yards.

Back