• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Pete Allan percussion boxlock action

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This is the larger of the two Pete Allan cast boxlocks and very suitable for building a big-bore percussion hunting rifle. We are talking 10 bore or even larger; the breech plug is .875 in diameter. Weight about 2 1/2 pounds. While the action obviously needs polishing, the trigger is surprisingly light and crisp. Not many of these around anymore as Pete has retired. I came by this recently and decided it is more robust than what I need for the project I have in mind.
Comes with butt stock and forend of maple, inletted for a 1 1/4-inch octagon barrel.
Colin Stolzer has built some lovely big-bore rifles on this action, so Google him to see the finished product.
Asking $325 shipped.

Last edited:
Here's what can be done with this package. .72 caliber, rifled.
0123211704_HDR.jpg

I have a pete allan action and it is a quality piece.

Fleener

Action is 1.27 inches wide, and should finish to 1.25. There is a half-cock notch, although this one needs to be stoned/adjusted by the smith who completes the rifle. The completed rifle that Mark is showing is the smaller of the two Allan boxlock actions. Here is an 8-bore rifle that Mr. Stolzer built on this action:
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/05/15/8-bore-boxlock-rifle/

Sorry 2 shot, I thought you were asking me. Sorry to interfere Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back