• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pet Pistol Load

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightning

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have just bought a T/C patriot and wonder if anyone has a pet load worked up for this or any other pistol?

Lightning,

The T/C Patriots which I have like a load of 25 to 30 grains of fffg and .440 or .445 roundballs depending on patch thickness. Do yourself a favor and go to Alibris or Amazon and get a copy of The Black Powder Handgun written by Sam Fadala around 1981. He devoted a whole chapter to the Patriot, its loads and ballistics. I just checked Alibris and they have a used copy for $6.95- lots of good info on blackpowder handguns in general.

The Patriot is a fantastic target pistol. Let us know how it shoots.

Mugwump

One thing to be VERY careful of if you own a Patriot is that the set trigger is reversed from every other gun that you're likely to see. I once launched a ball downrange from my rifle before I was ready, after switching from a practice session with the patriot to firing a few rounds with the rifle. I've since replaced the Patriot for that reason, fine shooting gun though it was. :(

I have just bought a T/C patriot and wonder if anyone has a pet load worked up for this or any other pistol?

If your Patriot did not come with one, I would send an e mail to T/C for one of their manuals. It gives loads, velocity, and other useful tips.

recieved manual today from T/C but a little disappointed not specific to the patriot in fact it doesn,t even mention it . Oh well I may call them and ask about it . Anyone have and original paper work for theres. What should it consist of?

I've got'em . From my TC manual , copyright 1983 : For both the .36 and .45 cal. Patriot , start load - 20grns fffg , max load - 35grns fffg . The manual also says (in bold type) NEVER EXCEED THE MAXIMUM CHARGE LISTED . They also say the 20grn load should give you the best accuarcy for both calibers :results: .

Back