• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pet Peeves

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"People who drive in the passing lane,,,,, stay right except to pass DUMMIES!
sorry had to get that one out there" :thumb::thumb:
Oh, take it one step further. We have left turn lanes in the middle of the road to help ease the congestion in heavily traveled areas.
I cant stand the idiots that sheepishly half arsed sorta pull into that lane and leave their back end stuck out in the left lane. Everything screeches to a halt because the were too chickenturd to get in the lane all the way. Talk about getting rear-ended! They give you a whole lane for a left turn into McDonalds for those fries you just couldn't live without. USE IT!!!

While on my way to buy pillow ticking. There. Now its about muzzleloading.

Since traffic has come up... One of my bigger pets are all the people who can't seem to go the speed limit. 15 mph in the 25 mph zone, 30 in a 45 etc. You inconsiderate idiots may not have any place to be at a certain time but others do. They've timed their commutes to maintain the speed limit with just a bit of cushion and with no one in front of you, you poop along stop at green lights hoping they'll turn red and generally do what you can to slow everyone down. When your on the interstate the same crawling with intent to creep technique is employed but if someone tries to pass you speed up to prevent it. I am not a speeder, but I feel I should have a reasonable expectation of maintaining the speed limit when I'm going from here to there.

Mine is just so pedantic but it really annoys me.

Ensure and Insure have different meanings. If you don't know the difference then look it up and learn. They are not synonymous.

-

I also second those who vote for 'I am a newbie and I can't be ar*sed to look things up for myself or carry out a search of past posts so can you all do it for me'.......

People who pick up or look at my flintlock and then tell me "That's not period correct" or "the ramrod is too far from the muzzle" or "they never made that in a lefty" or "What school is that?" or "My (name the fancy builder) is better than that" or any other remark that begins with "you should...." when I have just put five tens on paper.

One more. People who buy current production flintlocks with small cheap locks and then complain about how flintlocks are unreliable or impossible to get to shoot right. Or worse, then film themselves hunting with them and then having four or five "klatches" on film and blame the rifle. (I guess that was two)

Just thinking....

ADK Bigfoot

Mine is just so pedantic but it really annoys me. Ensure and Insure have different meanings. If you don't know the difference then look it up and learn. They are not synonymous. I also second those who vote for 'I am a newbie and I can't be ar*sed to look things up for myself or carry out a search of past posts so can you all do it for me'.......

Those who mix up 'than' and 'then'. And 'compliment' with 'complement'. And 'defiantly' with 'definitely'...there are more, but right now I'm waiting for one of my steam trains to come up to the required pressure level to move itself, so I'm going to have to move MYself as well.

Deleted. Today is Easter Sunday.

And so it is, Sir. This is for you, from me, wishing you a blesséd day. I've added a Youtube movie of a piece of music that I used to walk across London to listen to when I was at school there. The choir at the Russian Orthodox Metropolitan cathedral was slightly smaller than this one, but the sound, for reasons I've never understood, was just the same.

These two are probably more gun-forum related, rather than specifically gun-related, but here goes:

First, people who are so lazy that they can't be bothered to put any effort into proper spelling and grammar. I'm not talking about folks who are simply poor spellers, or who use a period where they should have used a comma...I mean the people who think that the word "you" is spelled "u", and the word "for" is spelled "4", and "before" is "b4", etc. Yes, yes, I know, they are thumb-typing on their phones and their time is so precious that they can't waste it, but their insights are so valuable that they just have to gift the rest of us with them right now and as fast as possible. I hate to generalize, but to me they sound like idiots.

And second, the politically correct morons who jump down the throats of anyone who uses the term "weapon" to refer to a firearm. I don't know if this is a thing in the U.S.A. but up here in Canuckistan it's a real hot button for many. "It's not a weapon! It's a tool!!!" They correct anyone who uses the term weapon, thinking they are doing some huge service to the shooting community...but they don't seem to notice how many people, shooters or non-shooters, just roll their eyes when they hear nonsense like this. You want to further the cause of legitimate gun owners? Fine; step one is "Don't sound like a goof".

I think the use of inlines during muzzleloader season is an abomination of the point of it.

Having said that I’m not against them entirely, just during that season.

Pet peeves..

Reading people making assumptions about muzzleloader performance or lack of on game without ever having used one.
The above people misquoting things and speaking like they’re experts on the topic.

People who call all muzzleloaders “muskets”.

My biggest pet peeve is a liar. I really dislike anyone who lies about something, then when they are called on it, they try to lie their way out of being a liar.
I don't care much for short guns either. IMHO, nothing looks better than a long slender flintlock gun.
Oh and that than & then thing too.

"All of the above" LOL!

For me, I like to call the touchhole a touchhole, as that was the name at the time.
Only in artillery was a "touchhole " called a vent. Vent came in with percussion.
A Vent lets something Out. A Touchhole lets something In.
Mind, I understand 'Vent" is a lot faster to write than 'Touchhole" !!

Stophel above, hit a lot of nails on the head.
Some folk seem to think gimmicy names are showing quick whit. I don't.
And yes, a fowler is a person, not a gun.

Inconsiderate "veterans" who don't have much patience with newcomers. They tend to forget they were new at this game once themselves .No one was born an expert at anything, they had to ask a few questions along the way. And thank God someone took the time to answer. Thanks!

Incorrect spelling and poor grammar, particularly if due to cellular telephone "spellcheck" or whatever it's called. The edit feature on this forum works to perfection if one wishes to review their post and correct their phone's errors. We're encouraged not to curse here in case younger folks are reading; in my opinion, bad spelling and grammar are equally damaging to our youth...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back