• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Percussion verses Flintlock Pistol test....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a new nipple on my Cap LePage and new vent on my Flint Lepage (both Pedersoli repos w/ .36 cal. custom fitted DeHass barrels) Flint about an inch shorter than the Cap. Crono results with loads from 13 grs. to 20 grs. of Shutzen, Swiss, Goex and Old Ensford...Caplock Vel. about 90- 150 FPS faster than the Flintlock. Same size bore, same patch, same ball, same lube. Vent being bigger in the Flint than the tiny hole in the Caplock nipple these results were as expected...c

Just watched it today, surprising and interesting results. I wonder if .015" pillow ticking patches would improve the consistency ?

I realize it must be extraordinarily difficult for a Superstar to share the limelight! But Y'all carried it off rather well, especially for a live performance!!

Another fun - and even informative - video experience. :)

Y’all are having way too much fun. I was hoping you’d be testing the ticking after your lunch. Wow you take a long lunch break. I’m anxiously waiting for Part II.
Thanks for the great videos.

Y’all are having way too much fun. I was hoping you’d be testing the ticking after your lunch. Wow you take a long lunch break. I’m anxiously waiting for Part II.
Thanks for the great videos.
We spent 4 hours filming that one and loved every minute of it!
I'm going to round up the necessary patching materials this weekend at Friendship & try it again.
The Fall NMLRA shoot is coming, plenty of video opportunity coming there.
Going to NW Pennsylvania 2 weeks from now for weekend BP shoot...more video opportunities there!
I hopefully will get this one done within 6-7 weeks.
Thanks for watching...

Changing the powder charge and using a tighter patch/ball combo should help with the deviation. With a more consistent velocity the groups should also improve.
Is the shoot in PA with Darius?

Changing the powder charge and using a tighter patch/ball combo should help with the deviation. With a more consistent velocity the groups should also improve.
Is the shoot in PA with Darius?
I'm probably going to try that pistol test again using pillow ticking or thicker patches in a few weeks.
Yes, The Pioneer Flats Shootout is going to be on Sept 24-25, 2022.
Mrs BPMS & I will be there the whole weekend burning that powder, caps & losing a lot of lead.

Back