• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Percussion caps on 4th

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since it's now too late and since I also live in The Formerly Free State, also known as The People's Republic of Maryland, here's my take. Maryland so far follows the Feds in not classifying C&B and BP as firearms (with the exception of one looney Delegate from Germantown), so you're clear there. HOWEVER, there are a bunch of prohibitions (Local ordinances, DNR regs, etc.) against shooting/ shooting off fireworks of almost any kind within 500 ft. of a house, or anywhere else for that matter. Since it's independence Day, however, popping a cap or six shouldn't be a problem if you're discreet.

If you live in PG County or Baltimore City your pops will be lost in the ambient background gunfire. But do not under any circumstances let the Crazy Cat Lady Down the Street see you, or she WILL tell the cops that you're BRANDISHING...

Firing guns in the air is very common anymore. Its a foolish and irresponsible use of a firearm. Its for reasons like this that the government is working hard to take guns away from citizens. Most are simply not capable or intelligent enough to be trusted with such a significant responsibility. Next time someone tells you about doing that, Thank them for their part in the anti-gun movement.

In Phoenix, Arizona, firing a bullet into the air with a gun is a felony.

A number of years ago someone did just that and when the bullet came down it hit a girl in the head and killed her. She was out in her backyard. :(

Back