• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

percussion caps... i was today years old when...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new2bp

40 Cal
Reaction score
I learned that #10/11 percussion caps tend to be basically interchangeable, depending on nipple spec/tolerance and cap spec/tolerance.

So instead of being bummed about not having any #11 caps for my new-to-me rifle I slapped a #10 on it and stepped out side and yes indeed Virginia, the #10s work just fine. And I have "only" a stash of 200 or so of 'em :)

Now if grafs would just hurry up and deliver my balls and patches ...

Yep, I recently got a new rifle and when I first got it out to the range I realized that my CCI #11's were too small for the nipple. I then tried some RWS1075's, they wouldn't work either. Finally I tried some Remington #10's that I had and they fit right on. I've since turned the nipple down some to take my normal caps.

I learned that #10/11 percussion caps tend to be basically interchangeable, depending on nipple spec/tolerance and cap spec/tolerance.
Now THAT'S what it's all about!
Ingenuity, Fortitude and Adaptation.
The type that made America within our history, no sniveling, just make it work because that's what ya have to do!
Much Respect @new2bp

I had a tin of #10 percussion caps that I assumed wouldn't fit anything I had. The other day I was shooting my .32 Crocket squirrel rifle....and thought...wonder if theses 10's would touch it off. Yep! Works great! Won't fit my pedersoli gph or my sxs 20 gauge as I've changed out the nipples on those tho.Least I have options !

Latest posts

Back