• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Percussion caps and powders out of stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your TC has 1/4-28 threads.

If anyone knows where I can get a tin of RWS, or Scheutzen, musket caps I'd appreciate a heads up.

1081 ? Like I said, I have a whole tin. Maybe 97 or 98 by now. I haven't counted them. Testing purposes or QC. I'm in NE Ioway

Shipping your caps someplace will be a problem.
Caps and black powder need to be shipped per Federal regulations. That's the reason people have to pay "Haz Mat" fees when they buy things like that.

You cannot ship percussion caps thru the mail.

I'd trade you for #11's in a heartbeat, but paying shipping, and hazmat, would be cheaper than driving from NH to Ioway 🤣

I'll meet ya halfway, am willing to drive to Tennesee, no farther! Ha ha

Recommended by who?

If that info came from an Italian manufacturer, disregard it. They are not more than occasional black powder shooters, if they shoot them at all.

Recommended by who?

If that info came from an Italian manufacturer, disregard it. They are not more than occasional black powder shooters, if they shoot them at all.
I would be interested in seeing sales figures for the Euro market vs. the American markets. For many people the cap and ball revolvers are all they have available easily. Sometimes not even easily. I bet they’re shot a lot.

Still waiting for my caps order from Dixie Gun Works (200 RWS Nobel Dynamit 1075). Ordered 1/8. Have a tin of CCI re-enactment four wing musket caps that my pop gave me. Thinking about doing some kind of fancy footwork like the tap a cap so I can shoot my brand new shotgun. Really would rather have a commercial product so I can count on the gun going bang when I pull the trigger on a quail. Ordered two pounds of FFg Goex from Powder Valley on 1/8 and it arrived on 1/18. Anyone in North Phoenix that can share and get me on my feet, I’m willing to buy, trade or beg for 40 RWS 1075s until DGW finally sends my cap order.

I would be interested in seeing sales figures for the Euro market vs. the American markets. For many people the cap and ball revolvers are all they have available easily. Sometimes not even easily. I bet they’re shot a lot.

But not by the manufacturers, especially management.

Like I had said , for most of us , a few 1000 caps is a 10 year supply :)

It's gonna make you enjoy those shots a little more and reduce that "let me just finish off what's in my flask"

I'm trying to get out and test fire my .45 Tryon rifle and I'm like, probably get a quick and dirty load workup, pop off 20 round balls and go home

I was at a surplus store in north central Indiana Yesterday they carry black powder subs but no real black but there are 5 or 6 1000 count boxes of CCI #10s shoved in the back of a shelf. I asked a the owner and he said hes had them for a long time ordered for a guy who shot BP pistol who doesnt come in anymore. Dont own a pistol so wont do me any good.

I just purchased the tap a cap die and prime all powder. Once I make some, I’ll snap a couple in my gun to see if it works. $70 to make caps for free and shipping was free. Not sure how many percussion caps you can make. The guy says a thousand 22, but you may use more or less for a #11 cap, I’d guess you’ll use more for percussion caps. Probably a similar cost to commercial caps, but perhaps more available if not as reliable, but I can’t say until I try it. When I first saw it, thought it was too good to be true, but I think it’s probably legit. No Hazmat fee. Have to buy an eyedropper and some acetone.

making primer compound is a good way to have your next-of-kin divide up your plunder.
That compound is an explosive that is very sensitive to shock. This is about as bright as making your own black powder which is another thing you should NOT try to do.
Exasperated by stupidity
Bunk
To each his own. Knowledge is power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back