• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Percussion Cap to 209 Primer Conversion Hardware

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank61

32 Cal
Reaction score
With the rarity of percussion caps these days, I'd like to convert my Deerstalker and 12 gauge ML shotguns to a 209 primer 'nipple'.
Cabelas in the US seems to carry these converter hardware kits, but can't find them in Canada.

Any thoughts on where to get them? OR, a good source of No11 caps?

Frank

be sure you get a brand new set

there was a run of them a few years back that were not to standard and they did not survive much use, someone selling an old stock unit may not know they are selling shoddy goods

With the rarity of percussion caps these days, I'd like to convert my Deerstalker and 12 gauge ML shotguns to a 209 primer 'nipple'.
Cabelas in the US seems to carry these converter hardware kits, but can't find them in Canada.

Any thoughts on where to get them? OR, a good source of No11 caps?

Frank
Warren Outdoors sells them( Hubbard Outdoor Producers Co) sole distributor Phone 330-307-0166 and email is
[email protected] And he can tell you what Mag spark you need for your gun /my TC requires 1/4x28 thread and H+A under hammer is different yet /fast shipping and reasonable /Ed

Google up Mag Spark.

Marstar shows 209 converter but doesn't indicate thread sizes avail. I understand your Deerstalker should be 6.75 mm. What about your shorties?
By shorties I guess you mean handguns. Don't have any. Too much bother up here with our regs.

Oh, my shottie is a CVA Trapper 12 gauge. It has screw in (Winchester) choke tubes.

Depending on the gun, sometimes the 209 adaptors won't allow you to lower the hammer to half cock & sometimes they just don't fit properly to allow their SAFE use. All depends on your lock/hammer/nipple geometry. They do spark good though. Just a FYI.

Back