• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

percussion cap scams

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrentonJ

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Maybe like me you occasionally search in vain for a source of percussion caps. Beware! There are scam websites that have a proper lock icon left side of your browser address bar. You click on it and it indicates a valid certificate. You see they apparently have lots of percussion caps. Then you discover they have a $100 or higher minimum order and you have to pay with PayPal ("friends and family" whatever that means) or bank draft. They don't take credit cards. That should be the warning to scare you away. Just now I came across this one: ammoandfirearmshop. If you go to "about us" you will find this hilarious text written either by a foreigner or an AI algorithm:

"OUR VISION
Above all ,We lead with truth

In addition, Our article group is on the forefront of Online ammunition news coverage, breaking the most basic news in Ammo like item wellbeing alarms, creating top to bottom reports on significant issues like the condition of the cancer economy, and exposing fantasies that dissolve the positive effect of legitimate ammo depot.

We’re driven by tech

With inventive arrangements, we’re eliminating rubbing from the cycle of Ammo disclosure. There are immense, energizing issues to settle in where Online ammunition meets tech, and we appear each day for them.

We’re an industry partner

However, Ammoandfirearmshop engages authorized brands and retailers to draw nearer to their clients through cutting edge devices that incorporate publicizing, online item reservations, and industry bits of knowledge."

Fortunately I haven't fallen for any scams, but I was shocked they have legitimate certificates. You should be able to trust that little lock icon. I actually have a few hundred caps, but it bothers me I can't get more.

I just wanted to warn y'all. At least it should be good for a laugh.

take care, and safe shooting!
- Trenton

Back