• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Percussion cap availability

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrell5678

32 Cal
Reaction score
I'm new here, and I've seen a few posts saying "CCI No. 11 caps available here!" or something to that effect. Are there percussion cap shortages currently (still)?

Some Walmarts have had a few (usually 10-20 100 ct. tins per store). Several other venders including Cabelas/BassPro, Grafs, Midway etc. have had them from time to time recently. They seems to sell out within a short time. The best bet is to just keep checking.

I managed to "dodge the arrow" because I bought a good supply (to me) a few years ago. Since I shoot 98% flint I have both covered and that's one huge advantage for flintlock shooters.

I saw a shelf full at the Acadamy sports in the city this past sunday. I would have normally grabbed some, but they wanted $10.99 a tin!

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones because there are very few BP shooters in my area, both musket caps and #11 are easily gotten.

Thankfully the overwhelmind majority of my percussion shooting involves musket caps and the overwhelming majority of my BP shooting is flint, so I haven't had to suffer much.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones because there are very few BP shooters in my area, both musket caps and #11 are easily gotten.
Now that's lucky! I was fortunate enough to buy a 250 ct tin of RWS 1075 from a club member recently.

Some Academy Sports in the Charlotte, NC area have CCI #11s for $9.99 per tin of 100. I believe they also had some Pyrodex and Triple 7. I saw some in Concord, yesterday. Cabela’s had Remington #11s that you could order up to a 1000, for $13.99 per tin of 100 (don’t know if that is still active or not). I was in BassPro in Concord yesterday, and they had three tins of CCI #11 Magnums for $13.99 per tin of 100. They also had Winchester 777 209s, and Pyrodex RS, P, Triple7, and pellets for both. All were still there when I left.

Attachments

• 012931AA-9E19-4BD7-84C6-03AC7612B4B9.jpeg
    012931AA-9E19-4BD7-84C6-03AC7612B4B9.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2FB4DC86-7E87-4608-AC7F-65F6D240582A.jpeg
    2FB4DC86-7E87-4608-AC7F-65F6D240582A.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I lucked out last Tuesday and found caps at one of the local wal marts for $5.32 per 100. I was down to about 70 Remington #11's. My gun is fitted for both flint and percussion locks. There is no way I'm paying $11-$14 dollars for caps! I'll start using rocks first.

The supply is a bit tight, but shortage? I don't think so. What is happening is a bunch of chicken littles see the limited supplies (a temporary situation) and start panicking and buy up everything they see leaving nothing for the next guy and presto, a shortage. Relax, buy only what you need, this will pass.

I was at the sportsman’s warehouse today, they had 20 packages of cci# 11’s on the shelf, $5.99 each. They now have 15 left.

I urge all members of this site to go to CCI, Remington and Winchester websites. Use the Contact Us icon to let them know of the shortage of percussion caps. I also ask where I can buy them in my locale or an online seller.

Back