• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Pending funds: Elk antler pan primer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Howdy folks Two feathers here:
OK I'm going to list this one again. Rondy season and shoots are starting up for 2022. Why not have a beautiful looking Elk antler pan primer for that beautifully made Black Powder rifle that you treasure?
This Flintlock Pan Primer is $56.00 shipped in a padded envelope. I’ve sold a bunch of these in the last year. It isn't fancy, and you'll never be able to say it looks mass produced, but it WILL get noticed....HONEST!!

It’s made from a beautifully antiqued Elk antler tine. It has a curly Maple cap that's approx. .700" thick, just in case you'd like to add a staple for bag attachment? For an additional $8.00, I'll forge a staple and install it before I ship. This primer features a 3 grain charging valve, that is filled through the body by unscrewing the knurled cap, then carefully removing the cap, plunger tube and spring. I’ll include a tiny funnel to aid in filling the primer. The funnel does NOT fit perfectly, but it helps a lot. I cannot say for certain exactly how much FFFFg it’ll hold, but I’m sure it’ll hold enough for at least 20 or 30 shots. Be warned, this primer CANNOT be used for any powder size other than FFFFg. Trying to use it for some other grain size will jam it up!

The entire primer measures 5.25” (5-1/4”) long. The base cap is approx. 1” X 1-1/8” It will fit in your shooting bag or pocket nicely. The curly Maple cap is held on with 8 tiny solid Brass nails.

If interested, please PM me here.

As always, thanks for looking.

God bless:

Two Feathers

Attachments

• Primer 5-4-2022 001.JPG
    Primer 5-4-2022 001.JPG
    205.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Primer 5-4-2022 002.JPG
    Primer 5-4-2022 002.JPG
    198.7 KB · Views: 31
Hi Two Feathers,
I keep looking at these cause I'm building my first flintlock kit right now. Do you think 3F will work in this ?
I haven't got any 4F, and can't seem to find any. I've tried my 3F in the lock, and it seems to work.

But I'd like to think someday I'll either find some 4F, or make some.

All I'm doing here is talking myself into buying it. Haha !!

Love both of your knives I have ! I'll send a PM.

Thanks, Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back