• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pemi Fish and Game Primitive Biathlon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Pemi Primitive Biathlon Fall WarmUp –Saturday October 22, 2022

The Autumnal Equinox is tonight and sounds like a good frost this weekend as well. With the cooler and shorter days ahead, a month from today, on Saturday, October 22, 2022, Joe and I will again be having our Fall Pemi Primitive Biathlon Warm Up. This will be a low key event, you can go thru the course ”on the clock”, go thru the as a group on a woods walk, and once again there will be some steel pumpkins scattered among the targets to help celebrate Halloween. This is a good opportunity to bring along a new shooter to introduce them to Primitive Biathlon, try out a new rifle or pistol, and of course get in shape for Deer Season.

Registration will begin at 9:00 in the Clubhouse. We would ask that all participants be on the course by noon, and will have the usual assortment of “Road Kill Crockpots” in the kitchen for lunch, and always welcome others to bring things to put on the table as well. If you plan to attend, please let us know so he have an idea of how many to expect.

We hope you can join us,

Bob Lindemann

Joe Morris

Contact Bob at r [email protected] (remove space) or Joe at d [email protected] (remove space)

This Saturday, the 18th is the winter version. Same emails will work, but registration starts at 8. The warm weather has reduced the snow pack, and it will likely be icy.

Hope to see many of you there.

Great shoot as always! Seemed like a nice turnout. This time of year is dicey lately for snow but the course was 95%+ covered with snow. I like that this one has well-established trails plus rugged woods terrain, off-trail. Very well run event. Thanks to all the volunteers.

Great shoot as always! Seemed like a nice turnout. This time of year is dicey lately for snow but the course was 95%+ covered with snow. I like that this one has well-established trails plus rugged woods terrain, off-trail. Very well run event. Thanks to all the volunteers.
We had the best turnout ever...60 shooters.

It was nice seeing everyone, whether I knew you, or not.

I would have been more comfortable with spikes as opposed to snowshoes, but the organizers asked that we wore shoes. Fell down twice, lost my short starter, and several balls. Only got to fire 7 out of 9 shots. I fell down on my way to station 3. Gary picked my sorry azz up off the snow. Let him shoot my gun. Only fair.

Ooohhh, hope you are OK! One time when Dalton had their muzzleloading biathlon we had to race with barely any snow, and it was a 200 yards stretch across an old gravel railroad bed with the ties and rails were removed. There wasn’t any snow left and it was ice, and I slept in two of the meniscus in my knee. Ouch!

Do they do any other shooting events like the SoVermont biathlon does? Like an accuracy or speed contests, or the 5-card draw, etc.?

I am heading to the MZL woodswalk at the New Bedford, Mass, gun club on Sunday, and only got a ‘hall pass’ for one day (due to the dog, love him, but can’t bring him to a shoot, he hates gunfire 😢).

Sounds like everyone had a great time, congrats! I bet Danielle R. was there and my best guess is that she ran it 3-times!

Ooohhh, hope you are OK! One time when Dalton had their muzzleloading biathlon we had to race with barely any snow, and it was a 200 yards stretch across an old gravel railroad bed with the ties and rails were removed. There wasn’t any snow left and it was ice, and I slept in two of the meniscus in my knee. Ouch!

Do they do any other shooting events like the SoVermont biathlon does? Like an accuracy or speed contests, or the 5-card draw, etc.?
Unfortunately, no. Contact Joe to ask for more stuff. He's the club prez.

Bob said that the turnout was the best so far. 60 shooters, many of whom took more than one trip around.

With attendance like that, as long as we can get volunteers to score, and someone still wants to run it, it should continue for a long time.

Last edited:
Back